Chapter Thirty Seven - The end, almost

Lucresia•

     "So you and Nick broke up, for real this time?" My sister asked me as I set down my plate on the table. After everything that has happened I decided to leave the Academy and come home. it's the most rational decision. My parents didn't ask too many questions and Kennedy was excited to have me back home again. I broke up with Nick yesterday but I feel as if we've been broken up weeks.

     "Yeah it's official after what we saw. Some things just aren't worth forgiving." I said as she nodded and shrugged. And even if that was the Dark Lord, my heart was too angry to be able to look past that image in my brain.

     "Well I for one am glad that you're back home, ever since you joined the Academy you kind of  distanced yourself from me." She said as I pursed my lips. I felt guilty even though separating myself from my sister was Nick's idea.

     "Yeah I know and I'm so sorry Ken. I guess I lost sight of what was important." I said but the truth was that in these past months Nick has been my whole entire universe. Just as Kennedy was about to answer the front door was knocked on very agressively.

     "I'll get it." Kennedy said whilst standing up and disappearing to go get the door. I took a bite of my oatmeal and set my fork down on the table. I really don't feel like eating. all I can think about is karma and how I want Sabrina to pay for everything.

     "Where is she? Kennedy let me through." I heard Nick's voice ring through my house. I stood up as Nick entered into my kitchen. Kennedy grabbed unto his arm trying to stop him from passing through.

     "I tried to stop him Lucresia." Kennedy said as I sighed and Nick looked at me with a face that I knew all too well. There was something wrong. "It's okay Kennedy, let us talk alone please." I said as she nodded and disappeared off to somewhere. Seeing Nick literally opened up my wound, and it wasn't even healed.

     "What do you want, Nicholas?" I asked him as he approached me, trying to grab my hand. I snatched my hand away as he sighed and shook his head. "Lucresia, come on don't be like this... We can fix this. I know you love me." Nick pleaded as my heart broke in two. Of course I love him.

     "Nick, if this is what you want to talk about then I'm sorry but I will have to ask you to leave." I stated as he shook his head. He had watery eyes. I could feel that he meant what he was saying but I can't let myself go down again.

     "That's not the only thing, Lu... Sabrina fucked up, see yesterday I found a prophecy about a shadow girl that will bring about the end of times and enslave witch and mortal kind alike. The prophecy says that the girl will reign alongside the Dark Lord and Earth will be like Hell. And piece by piece she had to mimic Nazerene's acts to fullfill the prophecy. And she did."  Nick explained as my eyes widened in shock taking in everything that Nick was telling me. How could this be?

     "How? What are you saying Nick?" I asked him. I could feel my voice cracking, what did this even mean? I could see the worry written on Nick's face. It was more than evident that we were in trouble.

     "I'm saying Lu... That the hordes of Hell are going to be released today or soon. And not only that but Lucifer will walk the Earth once again in his true form and I'm scared." Nick explained as I shook my head in denial.

     "No shit of course you're scared. I'm shitting myself." I said as he shook his head in disbelief. "No Lucresia. I'm scared that he's going to ask to see me." Nick explained as my heart warmed for him. Before even controlling myself I engulfed him in a tight hug. Touching him again was like realizing all that I have ever wanted was right here in front of me.  I pulled away and looked him in the eyes.