【七十】 protective ‣ pt. 4

Start from the beginning

yingyue must've been asleep for a while because when she woke up, she noticed that her alarm clock was now four hours later.

chatter was heard from the living room, and as much as she wanted to see her members, she wasn't in the mood. instead, the girl swung her legs over the edge of the bed, stood up, and stretched her arms and back before changing out of her school uniform.

after getting dressed in a pair of sweatpants and a loose tee, she headed to the bathroom to wash up. at the same time she stepped out into the hallway, so did doyoung.

"how was the date?" he asked with a small smile.

yingyue reluctantly lifted her head to face doyoung, an absentminded frown tugging on the corner of her lips.

doyoung's grin faltered at the sight and he stepped closer. "what happened? did chani do something?"

"no, no. he was great," yingyue exhaled, debating if she should even tell him what went on. "some kids just ruined it, it's fine."

with a look of distrust written on his face, doyoung placed his hands on her cheeks and gently made her focus on him.

"i know you better than you know yourself. so, tell me now or i'll figure it out on my own."

yingyue parted her lips to speak but was cut off by an announcement from the living room.

"we're back!"

despite it being softer than normal, the girl knew it was haechan's voice. her gaze fell to the ground once the scenario replayed in her head.

doyoung, who had turned his head away for the moment, looked back and caught the sight of yingyue's hands fiddling with the pendant of the necklace gifted by johnny. it was a habit of hers that occurred when she was embarrassed, lying, or daydreaming. doyoung assumed it was the second option.

"did haechan do something?" he continued to ask.

footsteps were then heard, interrupting the two for the second time now. it turned out to be taeyong, looking for the members that weren't already in the main area.

"they brought food back," he told them. "how was today, yin?"

letting out a sharp breath, she lowered doyoung's hands. "i don't wanna talk about it."

and she left for the bathroom.

taeyong furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as he watched her close the door behind her and turned to doyoung.

he nodded his head in the way of his room so they could have more privacy.

"she said a couple of kids ruined her and chani's date," he said. "but you know that habit she has when she's not telling the whole truth?"

"yeah, she plays with the necklace johnny hyung gave her," taeyong recalled.

doyoung hummed. "she was playing with it when haechan came back."

"so you think haechan was one of the kids?"

"maybe.. it could even be all of the dreamies. should we tell johnny hyung?"

"yeah."