27

[p i p e r]

I realise I knew why her voice sounded so familar.

She was the one who was in my vision the day Teresa died.

I heard her voice.

She was the one who pointed her gun at Teresa.

The was the one who asked Teresa to choose.

Shuck you! I scream in my head, even when I knew my mouth wasn't moving, my voicebox wasn't vibrating, she could hear my words.

I need you to stay calm. She instructs. I was so tired of their commands. Their experiments. Their tricks.

And why should I? You killed her!

You need to get out. The woman repeats. Use the Box. The code is 81234675.

I remember Teresa's words. Float. Catch. Bleed. Death. Stiff. Push. She said that was the code. Not numbers.

She also said not to trust anyone. Except Brenda and Chancellor Paige.

Who are you? I ask harshly. Get out of my head!

I want to escape, but my mind was under control. I don't know I know this, but I was in coma.

They put me in coma.

I'm Jenny. The lady says, before repeating You need to escape. Use the code.

She's lying.

She's lying and I know it.

But does she know I know it?

We've tried going back through the Box. It doesn't work. I trusted Teresa with all my heart. She sacrificed her life for me.

"Make them pay" Teresa said.

Flashback:

"You mean... I can reverse the system?" I ask Teresa.

"That's why they are in a full scale panic"

"How?"

"Use your brain." She laughs a little, before continuing "They want to kill you now, but they would try anything to get you to come back to the headquarters on your own. Do not trust them."

"What do you mean?"

"They want your brain, Piper. They want to know what about it makes you so special. How you rebel against their system. How you can turn their brain chips against them."

"You have the ability to manipulate the system of brain chips. You, Piper, you are the only one who can get into the Creator's heads."

"And they have no idea how to stop you."

_(end of flashback)

I want to see the headquaters. I demand the brain chip inside me. It sounded

ridiculous.  Nothing happened.

What do I do when I'm in the box? I ask the lady, before going back to screaming at my brain chip.

Before she can even reply me, the darkness before my eyes faded and a lab faded into my view.

People sitting in front of screens, panicking. Yelling.

"SHE'S HERE" someone screams.

I want to speak. I want to move. I want to burn this place to the ground.

But I feel like... like that day I was Teresa's head.

And then it hits me.

I'm in someone's head.

I reversed it like Teresa said.

I'm in Jenny's head.

"Get out of my head!" Jenny screams.

Everyone else in the lab are pointing, pointing at me.

"Kill her!" someone says harshly. I felt Jenny gasp.

"No!" Jenny screams.

"Subject A17 would be trapped inside!"

"Please!" I am, Jenny is begging me.

I ignore her.

"Please get out of my head, I'm going to get shot, you glitched the entire system!" Jenny screams at me.

I chuckle. I didn't know how I was doing this. "Now you know how it feels like."

I tried to control her movements.

The other people where pointing guns at her, at me. Jenny, me, we put out hands on our heads.

"A17, get out of her head!" people yell.

Run. I will Jenny. Her legs jerk and she follows my commands.

Destroy them, Teresa said.

I didn't care about these people. I didn't care if I die. Once I shut down this system, the others, Minho, Newt, they can all escape.

I instruct Jenny to go to the kitchen.

My memory was coming back. The creators were doing whatever they could, planting so many memories back into me, to try to stop me.

I see a man, my father, his picture on top of a wooden coffin.

I see a lady, my mother. She's crying.

I see a boy, I'm kissing him. I know his name is Aris.

I see Teresa and Thomas. They smile ans link their arms together.

I see the subjects, being prepared to go into the maze.

I see myself, pushed to receive my memory chip. Aris is crying. I tell him not to cry.

I see myself, running into the maze.

I see the Creators, screaming infrustration at my failure.

I see Aris, in the headquarters, smiling to himself.

I ignore all of these memories.

Even when I want them all.

I ignore all of the Creators.

Even when they beg me.

Jenny, or me, held a bottle of gasoline. From the kitchen.

And a match.

I give Jenny the last command before I slip away.

Burn this place down.

-

AN: Sorry ffor cliffhangers, hope all the flashbacks and stuff make sense. ♡y'all.