17

[n e w t]

I couldn't help thinking about Piper for the rest of the day. I visited her a few times at her new job, which she disliked, but was really good at.

I couldn't help but to notice how the sun seemed to set a few seconds earlier each day. Guess that it was the "Ending" Piper talked about.

Minho jogged through the maze doors. "Hey Newt!" he called when he saw me.

"Yeah?"

"What's the verdict on Piper?" So that is the first thing he asks about. Not how are you doing, or how is your limp, or the maze looks wonderful today. It had to be about Piper. Honestly I didn't feel like talking about Piper to anybody.

"Medjack" I tried to make my voice as flat as possible. Right, he was the one who wanted her to become a Runner. I watched the dissappointment in his face.

"Who voted against me?" he asks, slightly seething.

"I did."

"Why, Newt? You know she knows the Maze well!" he exclaims, a look of betrayal flitting accross his face. The same one that was on Piper earlier.

"It's not safe for her anymore."

"And it is safe for me? Shucking hell Newt, we just lost one fine runner!" I was taken aback at how passionate he was about this. Minho was my best friend, and we would never have let anybody come between our friendship.

Until Piper. I didn't understand how, when she smiled it seemed like the Glade just lit up. And how her hair was two different colours. And how she was so selfless and brave. And how I was falling for her.

Of course, Piper chose this exact moment to barge into our arguement.

"Minho!" she says. He raises an eyebrow at me, as if to taunt me she calls me first.

If this is how you are going to play it...

She turns, and upon seeing me her face turned red. Oh. The previous conversation we had...

"I hope you haven't forgotten what I said." I called and winked at her. She shot me a confused look.

I turned to give Minho a I told her a great secret that you weren't here to hear look.

"I found something today. I need to talk to you." he smirks before tugging her away. She'll be mine anyway.

Piper's face fell a little. "Can't you say it here? Newt deserves to know too right? I mean, he is in command now"

I had to stifle a laugh. He may have her, but she wants me.

"Nope, Pipes, its only for your ears." he says before pulling her away.

Piper shoots me a cute smile before yelling "See you at dinner!" and I had to turn away before the smitten look on my face became too obvious.

I can't believe I am fighting with my best friend.

Over a girl.

AN: Super super super short chapter I'm soooo sorry please don't kill me I have exams ._. and I probably won't be able to write for some time, so I'm going to start a small competition (?_?) while I am on a not-writing spree. 

So basically after each chapter, comment team minho or team newt, the ship with more supporters get a cute Minho-Piper or Newt-Piper moment (regardless of what my main storyline is)

Yeah so gradually the ship moments could change who she's with in the end. 

BTW does anybody hate Piper's name? Some of my friends say they find it annoying and not-named-after-a-great-person. Leave any thoughts and suggestions below <3

Thank you for all the support on this story, I thought it would be just me and a few friends reading this. Love yall <3

(Anyone finds Ki Hong Lee and Thomas Brodie-Sangster hot because yes I do and I happen to have Lee as a surname too I am probably related to Ki Hong Lee in some distant way heh)