30

AN: Yay author's note before the story. 13K views already? Love you guys so much. So check out my other story Morphling. I'm also starting a 5SOS fanfic but I'm not sure who I should base in on because I love all of them :/

[n e w t]

I have no idea why I did it. But the moment I kissed her, I died for a second inside. It felt so right. She kisses me back. I don't care what Minho thinks. I think she doesn't either. 

It seemed like forever until I pull away. I didn't want to be Minho, pushing myself onto her like an animal. 

"Does that change your mind?" I say, smirk tugging on my lips. 

She avoids my gaze. I know that whatever I say would never change her mind. She was so stubbon.

"You need to keep an eye on Thomas." she changes the subject quickly. I felt a pang of jealousy. I have just kissed her, and she is talking about Thomas? 

"Why?" I ask, forgetting about my mission to get her to go with us for a moment. 

"Just do it." she mutters. I know I will never change her mind. She would go down through The Box to the Creators' headquaters, right into whatever trap they have set for her. 

This could be the last time I ever see her.

Alive. 

I pull her in for a hug.

The words escape my mouth before I could stop them. 

"I love you" I whisper into her hair. 

Perhaps it was the sound of my pounding heart or a fragment of my imagination. Perhaps it was a trick of the Creators. Perhaps she said something else but the cloth of my shirt muffles her words. She says something that makes me freeze, warm blood course through my veins. 

She mutters "Love you too" She lightly pushes herself out my grip, gives me a last smile before turning and walking towards the weaponry. 

She loves me. 

I think.

[p i p e r] 

We need to choose a final candidate. NOW.

"We can't, the council is undecided between Thomas and Piper."

What do you mean? That 'rebel' would obviously not listen to whatever Jenny says.

"Well, either way, she would face fear."

You are a genius. You know that right?

"Damn she's here again. shut her off."

I knew it. I could only chuckle. 

The Creators think they can play around with all of us. 

Not with me. 

I turn and see that Newt has gone, probably to sleep. 

The tingle of my cheeks and chest was still there. 

I would need to leave soon. Before the other boys wake and try to stop me. 

In a corner of my eye I see a shadow, at the edge of the forest, staring at me, before running away. 

I am worried, but I ignore what I've seen. 

My heart is pounding and for once, fear closed around me. Uncertainty was addictive, but frightening.

Before I have second thoughts, I jump into the Box, punching the string of numbers into the keypad. 

The box closes above me and begins a slow, crawling decent. 

I should feel relieved that I've done it. I've gone through the Box. Half of the batttle is won. 

But the panic is only increasing. The Box was moving so slowly it did not even seem to be moving at all. 

I felt like I was drowning, like I was about to die. It was only a box. I was not scared by the creators. 

Why the hell is my heart pounding so fast?

Why the hell am I crying out?

Why the hell am I feeling so hopeless?

I search my brain, my problematic, rebellious brain for the answer. 

The word comes to me.

Claustrophobic. 

I am claustrophobic. 

The Creators know it. I would probably die from panic if I went through the Box. 

I was supposed to know this, I was supposed to have my memories back.

But all I feel now is panic, fear. The box seemed to close on me. 

I know this is not real. 

This can't be real. 

I urge the box to move. To plummet to the headquarters where I can kill the Creators.

The Box is not moving. 

What is happening to me?

I hug my knees to my chest, crying. I never cry. 

I can't cry.

I can't die because of this box. 

I can't-

I let out a scream before blacking out, wishing for hell. 

Filler chapter, I'm so sorry if this sucks. I am not very good at describing fear.