24

[n e w t]

I wanted to punch Minho in his bloody face for making Piper cry like that.

I didn't know what happened, but I was seething. 

Minho had no right to make her cry like that. 

"I'm okay" she sniffs

She was not okay. She was very far from okay. 

"Are you sure you want to go the campfire looking like that?" I say. 

She stops for a little, biting her lip a little. I wonder where she picked up that habit from. It was really cute.

"I guess not." she says a little

I put my arms around her and led her slowly away from everyone. 

I glance up and sees Minho. He is angry, confused and everything else. I wonder what happened. 

We sit down and I hand her some sweet water, Frypan makes them by mixing honey and water. 

She leans into my chest and cries. 

My heart tingled and I felt my blood boil. Minho did this to her. 

"I'm so sorry" she mumbles. I just rake my hand though her hair, slowly winding the green and red-brown strands together. 

I want to ask her what happened, but I am afraid of her answer.

She mutters apology after apology, as if she did anything to me. 

"Piper." I stop her, dragging my hand slowly and gently over her cheek to wipe off her tears. 

"Hmm?" I couldn't stop myself, but she looked so different, her fierce grey eyes now brimming with tears. 

"It's okay." I say. 

"It's not." she mumbles. 

"Tell me."

She hesitates, then decides to do so. She leans further into my chest and starts crying again. 

Bloody hell.

What did I do wrong again?

"M...minho." she says

I knew it. He did something to her. 

"He...he changed." she says

Changed? I was wondering if I was the only one who noticed that, but apparently not, so did Piper. Minho was the strong one, the cool guy, my best friend. Ever since Piper entered the Glade, he was so reserved, so protective, so possesive of her. 

The others, or perhaps even himself, thought it was cute... but I always thought it might have been too much for Piper to take.

"I know." I say

"I'm sorry." she says again. 

She would not stop apologising. 

"I was just thinking... how I may not be enough for Minho, how he wants so much from me... if he likes me, why wouldn't he just ask me out, instead of pushing himself at me so much..." 

She would not be enough for Minho?

She was too good for him. 

He didn't have the right to put his hands all over him, when she thought of him as nothing as a friend. 

"Piper..." 

I hated Minho for doing all of this to her. To make her miserable. To make her upset. To make her cry. 

I would never do this to her. 

So I would never do this to her now. 

She smelt like the trees, and she stopped crying after some time, only hiccuping slightly. 

I tried to ignore my racing heart. 

I held her close before, but never like this. When she was vulnerable. 

I had to resist the urge to kiss her. 

Because I bloody well knew that it would be the wrong time. 

I would never become MInho. 

I would never take advantage of Piper, when she was upset. 

I knew that the fighter in Minho would want her back. 

He would want to fight with me. 

Over her. 

But honestly I didn't care about Minho anymore. 

I would love her, I would love Piper, reagardless of whether Minho cared or not. 

I would never be rough with her, like Minho was. 

I would never force myself at her. 

"Newt?" she says slowly. I see her staring at me. 

How could her eyes be so bloody beautiful?

Her grey eyes met mine. 

"Thank you."

My heart flutters. 

"Piper... no matter what, I would always be here for you." I say. I mean it. 

"Thank you." 

She stares at my lips, and I know I would want to kiss her. But Minho made her cry by moving too fast.

I just lightly pressed my lips against her forehead and she smiles, before falling asleep on my shoulder.

I wish she would just get out of my bloody head.

AN: Really suckish, sorry I got them writers block... I was thinking of starting a 5SOS fanfic... should I?