15

[p i p e r]

"I don't know Minho." I gave a uncharacteristic wail and buried my head in his chest.

I didn't really care about how close I was to him. Things have become so complicated the moment Thomas came. Or things have been so complicated ever since I decided to enter the glade.

I didn't care about how close I was to Minho.

Or how his heartbeat was racing.

Or how he smelt like salt, and he reminded me of the sea, even when we were probably a million miles away from any source of water.

Or how, when I lifted my head, I saw Newt staring at us.

I really didn't care about these things. I really didn't.

But when my eyes met Newt's I felt guilty.

For what?

Minho rubbed the small of my back and prodded my injured shoulder, as if to comfort me.

"Its okay." he smiled.

I really wanted to believe him.

"Its late. Lets go to sleep. I'd set up a bunk for you near mine." Minho laughed and helped me up, pulling me towards a hut with hammocks everywhere.

I was afraid to sleep.

Minho seemed to be able to sense my fear as well.

"Its okay, they wouldn't do anything with you as long as I'm here."

I was afraid of what Teresa would tell me when I slept.

I was afraid the Creators would never allow me to wake up.

But I stayed silent as Minho set up a hammock. I wanted to ignore the fact how muscular he was.

But not before long, I fell alseep.

When drifting off, I heard Minho mutter to himself "I hope they give her a good job tommorrow."

The fear of sleep did not prevent me from slipping into a liquid dream.
-
Piper. They are going to start the ending tommorrow. I can't tell you what is coming. But you are the trigger and many people would be suspicious of you.

The creators might be starting to know how I am talking to you. We need to be careful. The maze is a code. I can't tell you exactly, it would be too suspicious if you figured it out yourself.

When you reach WICKED, you can't trust anyone. Only trust Brenda and Eva Paige. Do not trust Thomas.

Can I trust Minho and Newt? I asked her.

Yes you can trust the both of them. But... you have to be careful with how you are playing this game.

What game? With their hearts, duh. Love makes people do silly things- They are coming for a spotcheck soon, I have to go. But I guess you would want to know what a sea feels like.

You can do that?

Before I could say anything, I felt the sea waves wash over me, in a dream-like state.

AN: Team Newt or Team Minho? (Sorry for short update, exams ._.)

Dedicated to KQ, my Minho loving friend .-.