|Chapter Twenty-One| The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Words: 1061

|Butters P.O.V. ; 1:43 P.M. ; Butters's Room|

The doctor said I'd have a cold for about a week. Being drenched in milk and then going out in the cold soon after was not the best idea. Good timing too. My dad just grounded me for a week for staying past the time I was supposed to be out.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay honey?" Mom asked stroking my hair. I just nodded drowsily. "I'm going to be okay mom."

She kissed me on the forehead and waved me goodbye as she left to get to work. I'm not sure exactly what she does at work, but I know it's not the most stable job. That's why she's leaving at two P.M.

Despite her mental break downs, she's a very sweet and caring person. The other half of the time, she's a complete nightmare. No offense to her.

"Bye, love you." She said. "Love you too mom." 

I started to drift back into sleep. Subconcencly I kicked the blankets off my bed. I was already hot, why'd I have to be cooked alive? Like almost every other day, I didn't get much sleep. Just going in and out of dreams.

At four P.M. I heard a knock at the door. "Mum, you don't need to check in on me every thirty minutes, I'm fine..."

I heard a laugh coming from behind the doors. "I'm not your mum. If anything,  I find that offensive!"

"Hey!"

"Can I come in?" I replied with a "yeah, sure," and they opened the door. "Hey, Kenny. Whatcha doing here? Isn't it a Friday? I thought you had to look after Karen..."

He sat down next to my bed and leaned his head on the wood frame. "Yeah, no, it's actually a Saturday and you're still sick. So I thought that I'd help out any way I can. This is all my fault and I'm sorry..."

I pat his head. "You can't control other peoples uh, actions. S-so you didn't do a thing feller!" My hand slips off his head unwillingly. "Jesus Christ! Butters are you okay!?"

He took my hand worriedly. "Mmmhmm..." I mumbled not really trying to say anything in particular.

Kenny set his hand on my forehead feeling my temperature and retracting his hand almost immediately. "Are you supposed to be that hot!?"

"No, I'm just always t-this attractive..." I joke trying to lighten the move. "This is not the time to be proving a point!"

Proving a point...?

"Butters, you need to get to a hospital RIGHT NOW." He grabbed my arm and tried to pull me out of bed. "No, I'm fine..."

I attempted to pull myself back into bed, but I'm weak (and what's wrong with that! Boy oh boy I love it when I fall for that!~) from the cold I was enduring. "LEOPOLD BUTTERS SCOTCH, YOU ARE GOING TO THE HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW AND THAT'S AN ORDER!!"

Kenny picked me up and carried me on his back. "Do I have a choice...?" I moaned. "No."

He carried me across the whole town getting me to the Hell's Pass Hospital in record time. Regardless, I threw up multiple time. "This boy is dying!"

"I wouldn't say dying Ken..."

"His name is Leopold Butters Scotch, fifteen-years-old, blood type B positive! Now hurry!!" Kenny screamed and set me down on a couch rather harshly. "Kenny, how do you know my blood type...?"

He ignored me and started to pace back in forth. "Butters, this is very important! You can NOT die on me!"

I sighed weakly. "I'm... not going to die... It's just a cold..." I whimper.

"That is not a fucking cold, I should know! If you through up that many times, it shouldn't be a mother fucking cold!" He scolded angrily before losing the tone and expression. "I... I just really care about you. If there is any chance of me losing you, I can't take that risk..." 

Kenny bent down to the couch and laid beside it waiting for the doctors to arrive. "Aww... I care about you too Ken. I wouldn't want you to die either." He shook his head. "That doesn't matter. If I die, I'll still be here tomorrow. If you die, you're gone. Forever. I'll never get to see you again!" Kenny broke down but just the tiniest bit. I guess he was still a tough guy. 

"And... It's not just that..." He trailed off. "I love you, Butters," Ken said tearing up. Sadness pricked at my heart. 

Never in my life had I heard more beautiful lies. "I know uh, you're trying to make me feel better and all... But you don't have to lie. And you really don't have to lie about that..." Kenny looked up, crying softly.

"But-"

"Shh... I understand." I gave him a small smile. "But still. It's nice to hear pretty white lies every once in a while... Even so, please Kenny. Don't toy with my heart... I know you don't feel that way about me..." 

My smile was replaced by a frown, as he wiped his tears on his orange sleeve. Then the doctor walked into the waiting room and flipped up a piece of paper from her notepad. "Leopold?" "I'm... Right here, miss." She checked the paper again. "I'm ready to see you in my office."

The doctor and Ken helped pick me up in my weakened state and practically dragged me into the women's doctors office. Kenny gave me a hug and a quick butterfly kiss on my forehead. I would have blushed if my face weren't already crimson. 

"See you later, Buttercup." He hasn't called me that in a while...

|Kenny's P.O.V. ; 2:43 P.M. ; Hell's Pass Hospital|

He didn't believe me... Butters didn't believe that I loved him... It felt worse than any rejection, any breakup! Because at least they knew that the feelings were real!

I left his room, tears already brimmed my eyes, threatening to fall. What was that he called my confession? 

Pretty white lies.

I was like the boy who cried wolf. And I had cried it too many times... But this time, I'm going to show him the wolf. I'm going to prove myself to him! And I know exactly where I'm going to do it.

Butters, hold onto your hat, cuz' I'm about to blow your mind!

So the book will be ending soon, and as I'm reading this, it's bad. But the next book I have planned out, (also Bunny) will hopefully be much better!