Chapter 11- Royal Pain

I scoffed in response and pushed backward on the ground to try to get from under him. He chuckled again as I did so and backed away so I could get my bearings. "You aren't really greeting your mate in an appropriate way either, boy." I spat out as I stood up and dusted off my tail and pants. I surprisingly didn't want to put an immense amount of space between the two of us so I was content with where we were. I was definitely more subconscious of my outfit all of a sudden though. He stood up before chuckling again and sending a glance downwards to motion towards himself.

"I don't think this is anything close to a boy," He looked over my body next with a smirk, acting as if he could see right through my sweatsuit. "And you are nothing close to a little girl." He emphasized, causing me to growl in response to his prudeness. Mate or not I was not about to be looked at without respect. 

"I prefer to keep my eyes to myself." I snapped back with another growl to finish it off. He only chuckled again at my aggressiveness, causing me to look over his face again and lock eyes with scarlet ones. What he was seemed to just now registered in my head as my eyes widened in shock. "You're a lacertilia." I breathed out in shock. He nodded before his eyes rose to look at my ears in confusion. I was willing to bet that same confusion was decorating my face. "There has to be some weird mistake."

He shook his head in denial. "The Gods don't make mistakes." He stated firmly. I went to argue but realized that I couldn't, to do so would be to basically say that I was ungrateful for the gift. Though how could Lutaily pair me with someone from Cigam's creation? This is ridiculously bizarre.

"I'll say." He stated out loud, causing me to look at his eyes again, which were ridiculously mesmerizing. 

"Did you just hear my thoughts?" I asked.

"Loud and clear."

"How did you-"

"I have no clue. Your priorities need to be straightened out though." He stated before turning around and walking towards the castle. 

"Where are you going?" I called after him before beginning to follow.

"You already know that answer." He called over his shoulder as he continued his trek upwards. He is insanely disrespectful. I thought before a scoff escaped his mouth.

"I meant," I started as I jogged to catch up to him and get even. He was decently tall, taller than me for sure, at probably 5 feet 11 inches. "We should figure this out before heading back there. This isn't news that we should just be fine with displaying immediately." He laughed out loud this time, causing heat to rise to my face as I felt embarrassment from my statement and his response. He took that time to stop his walk and turn sharply towards me.

"We aren't bringing this up to anyone." He firmly ordered out, causing me to scoff but he held up a hand before I could say anything. "Nonetheless the entirety of the leaders of the continent. Do you know the outrage that would cause? Those very religious individuals in there would call it a mockery of the mates system, and accuse us of lying no less."

I thought about it for a moment and realized he was right. A lacertilia and a lupus? Mated? Too many things could go wrong with that public information. But my desire for the fulfilled feeling that I was draped with from being so close to him allowed me to feel nothing of my surroundings and yet everything was intoxicating, calling me to drag him back to that spot. I shook my head from the feeling and kept logic at the front and center. "You're right, but what does that mean for us? We should at least decide where we stand since I'm living in the castle for longer than your king is."

He smiled in amusement and raised an eyebrow before bending down to get closer to my face. I couldn't hold my breath or breath through my mouth to avoid his scent, I could practically taste it. And from the twitching of his nostrils that I saw he must be having the same reaction that I was. "I'm sorry to inform you but there cannot be an us." He hissed the last word slowly, causing me to widen my eyes in shock. I'd never really cared to look for mates or at boys for most of my life, hell I thought I wasn't interested in them at all. Yet those four words from this man - no, boy - were causing me to feel like I was being ripped apart from the inside out. His eyes flashed slightly, my only indication that he felt the same way. Though I growled harshly in anger before grabbing one of his horns and practically throwing him to the ground.