Chapter 10- Ogling and Oozing

The sound of wings molding the wind brought my attention up from the battle-ready position that I was in. It also managed to gain the attention of the other soldiers that I was with, causing all of our heads to turn to the sky. A screech from the sky drew our eyes towards both noises, effectively distracting all of us as we started walking towards the commotion. A massive aviansapien was riding the winds of the sky as if he commanded them while drawing closer to the castle. He was a very regal sight, with the brown tufts of feathers on the top of his massive brown and white feathered head. His hazel eyes were surrounded by a brown faceplate with a grey and white outline that lead to the feathers on his chest. From here I could see the front of him, giving me a look at his wingspan and the colors of his feathers as he went to land. 

His chest was mainly covered in grey and white feathers, with spots of brown every so often. His wings were the opposite though, with the feathers ranging dark brown at the tips to a lighter brown at the top. The bigger feathers had mixed stripes of brown and grey with small amounts of white spots closer to the muscle of the wings, giving him a naturally decorated look. The other soldiers and I continued to watch as he landed, some verbalizing their thoughts about the situation. The main question that seemed to be on everyone's mind was "Why isn't he riding in a carriage?"

"Alright everyone, that's enough ogling." Prince Jailyn ordered, drawing our attention back to our instructors. "If you guys cant manage to pay attention to orders during training when a king shows up shaking his tail feathers, how in the world are you going to survive on the battlefield?" I rolled my eyes at his theories before resuming my battle-ready position with the rest of the soldiers. The guy next to me wasn't just a regular soldier though, and he was making sure to gain my attention and distract me during my first training day, much to my annoyance. His name was Nathan Skywalker. Since he was first born, he's been in the running for the alpha position of the Constellation Pack of the Lunar clan. At only a year older than me you would think the dark-haired and comparatively short boy would have less of an ego. That's not the case though as he has been consistently talking, about himself. He's only mentioned his friendship with Jami once since I've been here, which was the only reason for me being polite at the moment. Though he has caused me to laugh once so far.

"You would think a king wouldn't want to show off his body to everyone upon arrival." He whispered to me as we made a punch to the air as Jailyn showed. It was supposed to be a punch to knock out opponents that were taller than us, but it didn't seem very powerful as we were swiping at the air, even when I tried to put a lot of power behind it. 

"I was thinking the same thing," I whispered back to him with a grunt as I made another punch with everyone else. "But it's a grand entrance regardless. I hope the other kings aren't that way as well, Pa is taking me to watch after this." 

"Well," Nathan grunted out while taking another punch at the air. "Enjoy the naked men, and women, for me. I want all of the details tomorrow." I rolled my eyes and slightly pushed him in response.

"Or you both can share the details of your conversation right now to go ahead and get it out of your systems?" Prince Jailyn looked at us both sternly, causing the both of us to sober up at his command, though I did less so than Nathan due to knowing I was capable of beating the prince's ass. We made eye contact too which I expressed my defiance, causing him to frown then roll his eyes before moving on to teach us the next position for battle.

The remaining short time that we had for training was done in seriousness before we were left to our own devices. I went to head to my room to shower and get ready for seeing the other kings arrive when Prince Jailyn stopped me on my way out by grabbing my upper arm. "Hold on now delinquent. We need to have a little chat about whatever your problem is before you go." He stated with the action, causing my annoyance to already begin its rise.