Chapter 5- They Don't Think

If my facial expression didn't say it, I certainly did. "So? What's it to you?"

His head slightly jerked back in shock before he frowned deeply. "You're in one of my main places of residence and you don't care about my authority? Peculiar." He mumbled the last word silently under his breath, causing me to growl in annoyance. 

"The only thing that your title means to me is the amount of respect you deserve in front of your parents. It doesn't guarantee you to the throne." I backed away again as he rolled his eyes in annoyance. 

"Yes, yes. You don't need to tell me that. I'm far away from that right with our birth succession." He slightly chuckled, however I was not amused and rolled my eyes. He cleared his throat before placing his hands behind his back in a formal manner again. "Let me clarify then. This place is one of my main places that I go to to get away from the family's chaos. Either we will have to share, or I'll have you escorted."

His attempt at being firm turned out to be quite humorous to me, causing me to burst out laughing and lean over as I winded myself from the exertion. "Wow, that was pitiful." I sighed out while I continued to laugh with one hand on the rail of the balcony before turning towards the door. "It's all yours then." I waved a hand at the balcony before continuing to chuckle as I walked towards the exit. I need to go for a run anyways. I'll be back when he's gone. 

"Wait!" He called right as I reached the door. Causing me to roll my eyes and turn my head to look at him. "Where are you going?" I rolled my eyes, turned around to face him and cross my arms in annoyance. This guy seemed too far up his own ass for my liking with his arrogance. 

"Why should I tell you? You'll probably have me escorted from there too." I stated with an accusing one and narrowed my eyes. Even if I didn't tell him I'm pretty sure he'd find me, considering he and his family have somehow lived in this castle for generations without being overtaken. My days of quiet were seemingly nonexistent, especially now.

"Well I figure that after this view you might have been planning to go on a run, as that's what I usually do as well." He stated while motioning his hand towards the view. A lucky guess though it was a typical one. He noticed my moment of silence as a moment for him to speak up again. "May I accompany you? I don't get to see new people most of the year. The mountain pack that's nearby might arrive soon and I plan on avoiding someone for as long as I can." 

His excuse seemed genuine, as I noticed his arms were slightly twitching which indicated me might have been fiddling with his hands behind his back. I'm really hoping this isn't just a typical excuse to get a girl alone to kill her. Very pathetic attempt. I let out an exasperated sigh and looked to the sky before turning back towards the stairs in the exit. "Let's go." I grunted out while keeping my guard up. He silently whispered out a drawled out yes to himself before he began to follow me down the steps.

The walk to the entrance was filled with silence other than the sound of our light breathing or moving clothes. He walked in front of me once we reached the entrance to speak to the guards and let them let us out momentarily. Once out, I walked behind a set of trees, and made sure I was out of sight of this strange male before taking off my clothes and shifting. I rolled my clothes together with my nose as I reveled in the way my muscles felt in this form after what seemed like  considerable amount of time. I shook out my thick fur which felt slightly heavier, though it wasn't that noticeable. I walked out from behind the tree and sniffed the air for Prince Zafron before letting out a bark in the direction it seemed to be going. 

A black and white, Oreo pelted lupus walked out from behind the set of trees I barked at. His coat was black as the primary, covering his back, arms and tail while his chest and under fur was a stark white contrast that matched his white ears. Based on the scent I put together that this was Zafron of course. Naturally his pelt looked to be much thicker than mine of course, as they don't get many months up here in the mountains of pure heat. I was slightly jealous, as my body was going to have to adjust in a shorter span of time to a much colder climate.