Chapter 13-Time

The bells tolled for seven, signaling breakfast start as I finished dusting my section of the library with my group. I quickly brought my cleaning supplies back to the storage room before showering just as quickly. My mindless rhythm was interrupted though as I made my way to the dining hall. "Back from slaving away so soon?" The annoying voice of Mayflower cut through the air as it echoed from near the entryway of the dining hall. 

I rolled my eyes as I continued walking and looked at her with a glare. "Shouldn't you be preparing for your demise at the end of this week? You aren't necessarily in the best shape." Her ear twitched slightly though it was her turn to roll her eyes. 

"Depending on how your meeting goes today with the queen you may be a bit too busy to do anything other than what she orders you to come that day." I frowned in confusion at her words as I paused in front of her. 

"What are you talking about?" A snarl started to form on my face, though she didn't react, only 'hmphed' and allowed a smirk to cover her face. She walked off down the hall with a flip of her hair. I rolled my eyes again in annoyance before taking a deep breath and heading in to eat breakfast. Though my breakfast went suspiciously uninterrupted, as soon as the bell tolled for classes and I was walking out of the dining hall, one of the guards grabbed my arm and stopped me. 

I turned to the guard with a frown before they spoke. "The queen has summoned you to the throne room. Come with me immediately." I caught Mayflower glancing at me as she giggled with her friends some distance down the hallway behind the guard, causing my frown to deepen, but I nodded regardless. I pulled my arm from the guard and began to follow them in the opposite direction that May and her posse gossiped. 

It didn't take us long to get to the throne room, and once we arrived the queen was facing the king's throne with only a couple of guards on the outskirts of the room. If she wants to look threatening she's doing a good job for someone like Mayflower. I thought as I approached the guard. We stopped about 10 meters from the queen before her guard bowed with a "your grace" and walked to join the rest of his companions on the sides of the room. I gave a small curtsy before clearing my throat and putting my hands together out of respect.

"You summoned me, your grace?" I asked politely as she continued to stare at the throne. She was dressed in her slim attire, a red and gold cotton dress that just barely touched her form to fit and shape around her curves, or lack thereof, but who am I to judge? She didn't have on a cape but a thick-looking, golden shawl was draped around her shoulders. Her waist above her tail was draped in a golden belt to match the shawl and her shoes clicked on the ground as she slowly turned around to face me. 

"Do you know what it means to be called 'your grace', Fissure?" She asked ominously. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes as I nodded. She let out a huff of air with a small smirk. "I don't think you do." She glanced at one of the guards before giving him a small nod. He started to advance toward me with his comrade on the other side advancing as well. My tail bristled in confusion and I tensed up to a fighting stance. What the hell is going on? 

"It means that what I say as the queen is what must be done... You have seemingly forgotten this with that little stunt you pulled yesterday." The guards on either side grabbed me. "I've called you here to remind you of that." A punch landed in my gut from one of the guards suddenly. I doubled over in pain as they let me fall to the ground to catch my breath. What the fuck. I thought as I watched the queen's golden shoes approach me from the floor, her brown-spotted tail swishing behind her threateningly. 

"What'd you have them do that for?" I growled out as I looked up at her, pushing back the shifting urge that was swelling inside of me. I wanted to tear each and every one of them apart as she smirked down at me, to slowly rip that face off of its skull. But I wouldn't dare commit treason though, I'm not stupid.