25: Recovering (SasuSaku)

Sasuke blinked opened his eyes to find himself in a white room. A hospital room. He immediately got up and tried to get off from the bed but he heard a noise of a blanket moving from behind him. He turned around and reached for a scissor on his bedside.

"Sasuke, it's me. I'm not going to hurt you." He turned around slowly and stared at Sakura. She didn't look too good. She looked like she was caught in a fire and beaten up with fists, there were a lot of wounds too. He glared at her, suddenly remembering what she did to him.

"Why should I trust you? You could've done something to me." Sasuke felt his eyes morph into red ones. The Sharingan. It was a family treasure. He could take down this imposter here and now.

Then he would have no one standing in his way of reaching his goal. Sakura looked at him with concern.

"I know you may be feeling something else right now but it's safer to stay here." Sakura got up from her bed and walked over to him with outstretched arms. "I won't let anyone hurt you, okay?" As she slowly closed the distance between them Sasuke froze. He honestly didn't know what to do.
He didn't know why he felt at peace when Sakura enveloped him in her arms.

What was he thinking?

Sasuke shoved Sakura off of him and tried to stab her chest. Sakura jumped away just in time and swiftly knocked the weapon out of his hands and caught it in the air.

".....Sasuke.....do you really want to do that?" Sakura mumbled, crestfallen. He backed away from her and tried running towards the window but Sakura got there before him and pinned him to her bed.

He let out a surge of chakra and Sakura wobbled a bit, he used this advantage and tried to escape but she caught him and dragged him back down.
"I won't let you go this time." She said in his face. He gasped when he couldn't release his chakra, Sakura looked at him  with an intense expression of concentration.

"Chakra sealing Justu."
He grunted and struggle in her grip but her brute force was holding him down securely. He looked over her shoulder and tried to kick her off but she smirked and held them down with her knees. Sakura lowered her face closer to his and he felt his face heat up a bit.

Sasuke's eye twitched with irritation and was almost resorting to biting until the door slammed open.

"SAKURA-CHAN! TEME-CHAN!" Naruto bursted through the door with bouquets of flowers.

"I got to get out early for  the hospital so I thought I could give you a vi—" Naruto's jaw dropped and so did his flowers. Sakura blushed when she noticed the position that she and Sasuke were in and immediately got off of him. Doctors and Nurses immediately rushed into the room and held Naruto down,
"Do not run and disturb people the hospital, young man!
This is serious, we might have to kick you out!" A nurse scolded him. Naruto whined but calmed down quickly.

"I just wanted to see my teammates.." he grumbled. Sakura slipped over to Naruto and dragged him out of the nurses grip.
"Don't worry he won't cause any harm!" She chirped and headed over to her bed where Sasuke was laying on.

Naruto stared and him and then looked at Sakura,
"Um...what were you guys doing?..." Sakura averted her gaze. "Um....Sasuke was just being really stubborn so I had to hold him down." Naruto cocked his head, "About what?" Sakura shook her head, "Anyways, did you do anything when you got out?"

Naruto grinned, "Oh, yeah! I met this nice girl that was waiting outside of the hospital when she saw me she got scared and looked a little sick. So I asked her if she was sick and she said no but we talked for a long time. I showed her the ramen place and it turns out she really likes it too!" Sakura smiled, "Oh! What was her name?" Naruto scratched his cheek.

"Uhm....I didn't think she told me..." Sakura sweatdropped.
Oh dear, Hinata...
"Oh, I gotta tell you something else Sakura!" Naruto balled his fists and shook them around excitedly.

"Since there were too many Genin that passed, we're going to have preliminary matches!" Naruto did a couple of punches and kicks. "I've been training a lot lately and I'm ready to kick ass, yeah!" Sakura sweat-dropped and then turned to see Sasuke about the jump out of the window. She 'tched' and dragged Sasuke back down into the room, sealing the window shut. Naruto continued his speech.

"I also wanted to take you out somewhere to thank you for being a good teammate and stuff, you know...." Naruto said shyly with a blush on his face. Sakura smiled.
Young Naruto is so adorable. It feels kinda nice to be in the past.

She snapped out of her trance when Naruto tapped on her shoulder,
"Um, are you okay?" He looked very nervous. "Of course, I can come with you, as long as we can bring Sasuke though." Sakura looked over at Sasuke who was brooding in a corner.
Naruto scowled.
Dammit! Why does she always want to bring him?

Sakura scratched her head and chuckled, "He's been really wild lately, don't you think? We don't want him to leave or something.." Sakura whispered the last sentence, Naruto sighed but then pulled Sakura out of the door.
"Well, we got no time to waste! Let's go Sakura!"

"W-wait!"
Sakura shook Naruto off and ran back into the room dragging Sasuke out with her, "There we go!" Sakura said carrying Sasuke princess style. Sasuke was to the point where he didn't fight back anymore. He just sat there in her arms with a shadow over his eyes, wondering why he was living.

Naruto groaned.
I feel like a third wheel.

———— Extra Scene —————

"Hey, Sakura-Chan!" Naruto picked up a bunch of noodles with his chopsticks. "This tastes really good, you should try it!" Sakura blinked, "Really?"
Naruto grinned to himself.

Finally, my time has come!
"Alright, Sakura-Chan, here you go!" He reached out with his arms the chopsticks barely touching Sakura's mouth until she was pulled back by Sasuke. He looked somewhat agitated.

"I have the same ramen." Sasuke said and then shoved a chopstick full of noodles into her mouth. Sakura stiffened in surprise and choked on the noodles. Naruto scowled, "Hey! What did you do?!" He said angrily.
Sasuke turned around and ignored Naruto.  After Sakura was done choking she wiped her mouth and let out a quiet giggle.

Thank you for reading until the end of this part! I've noticed that I didn't have much SasuSaku so I put in some for you all! Please be on the lookout for the next part, which is coming soon!
(*'︶'*)╯♡