Superstar

Maya

'Ms. Hart you're up in three, two, one! Run, run, run!'

I rush to the stage, while adjusting my microphone.

'Hey guys! How are you today?'

The crowd roars in response. I take a deep breath and sit on the fancy stool on the middle of the stage. I gently place the guitar on my lap and strum a few chords. The crowd starts cheering unrealistically.

-

I clap my hands in the air, and dance around gracefully, as I felt the cold wind from the AC vents above, touch my cheeks. My heart pumping faster by the second, my arms covered with sweat and my face red as a tomato. The exhaustion was real, my voice straining with every note, just as real but none of it was above this moment and the next one and the one after that. All my fans ecstatically jumping with the beat and singing with the tune; Always the most surreal feeling ever. If I could, I would stay here forever with them and just jam out to my favorite songs. I could literally feel every one person standing in that audience, radiating happiness and pure joy...

Which is exactly why I do what I do.

-

'Thank you so much, I love you Miami!' I said lastly before climbing off the stage and heading to my makeup room.

'Great job!' 'Good going Hart' A few of my crew members cheered.

'You never fail to awe me, Maya' I heard a familiar voice smirk. I threw my arms around him and dug my face into his shoulder.d

'You came!'

'How could I miss my favorite girl's concert?'

A smile creeped on my face as I loosened my grip over Zay.

'Can we please talk over some burritos or something, you look terrible?'

'You always say the nicest things to me, Babinauex'

'I meant, you look like you could eat something' he chuckled.

'You've got some instant noodles in the tour bus' my manager Cece said, while staring at her phone and planning out our next few hours.

'Race you there?'

'You got it!' I said as I ran passed him.

I heard Cece yell from behind about meeting up with the manager of the auditorium, but I honestly didn't care. After a month of touring, I deserve a slow night, just getting some alone time with my favorite person. Zay caught up just ten seconds after and carefully pushed me aside to make way. I was drained out and felt a little dizzy so I slowed down to catch a breath. I walked as fast as possible and after what felt like a half hour, stepped into the bus.

'I don't believe you came all the way here, what about Vanessance?'

'Well I told everyone to take the week off. I already missed half of the shows, and was missing you like crazy! The apartment doesn't feel right without you' Zay pouted.

'I missed yo-' before I could continue, Zay's phone pinged with an email notification. His screen lit up and saw the words Cory Matthews typed in bold.

'Wait, is that from...' I took a small pause as if to process it. Reading his name just brought back so many memories.

'Yeah, I'll read it out' Zay started.

                                                                                 REUNION!

All the students of Abigail Adam's High School that passed out in the session 2019-20, are cordially invited to catch this short ride down memory lane to celebrate our ten year reunion. It's a four day long cruise to Hawaii where you can catch up with all your old batchmates from the Twenty-eighth of December until the First of January. We hope you can make it :)

The trip itinerary and payment details are attached in the document below.

Your favorite teacher,

~Cory Matthews