•36•

Disclaimer~
This chapter will revolve around multiple themes such as suicidal thoughts, panic attacks, leading up to rape, and mental breakdowns. So please don't read if any one of those topics trigger you somehow.

The chapter will move around a lot and each part will indicate a different monumental part in Aprils life. So different moments in her life will be highlighted and ultimately lead you to the April you know today.

February 14, 2003
Age: 5 years old

Gunshots.

Screams.

Cries.

Blood.

" M..m...mommy," I whisper.

I hold my teddy bear tight against my chest as I watch my mother crumple to the floor, blood seeping out of her stomach.

" Don't fucking move you brat!" the scary man shouts.

I whimper and hold my teddy bear tighter. Why isn't mommy moving? Why is daddy sleeping? I take a step back to have my back collide with James legs.
I cry and he holds me close to him with Tyler on his side. We all quietly stand in the alley way holding onto one another as the scary man paces around my parents.

" W...w...why a..aren't th...they movin...g?" I whimper.

The scary man laughs, the sound bouncing off the walls of the alleyway. I told daddy to not go this way. I told him to just go around the building. But...he didn't listen.

" They're fucking dead kid get over it...god why did I shoot them. Why why why," he mumbles to himself.

Dead.

" You're insane!" Tyler shouts.

The man stops pacing and points the gun at us. I cry and James holds on to me tighter.

" Do not call me insane kid. I'm not fucking insane. I'm not I swear I'm not," He repeats.

I look over at mommy to see her coughing while attempting to get up. Daddy has blood seeping out of his leg and stomach. He erupts into coughs and cries out.

" Get the fuck away from my kids!" my dad shouts trying to pull himself up.

The scary man takes his elbow and jabs it into daddy's neck causing him to go limp. His breaths become ragged before it stops.

" No no no!" James cries.

The scary man points his gun towards us again.

" Shut the fuck up! You three little brats better keep quiet," he spits.

Mommies body falls limp and she collapses back on the ground and I watch in horror as her breaths stop.

Time of death: 9:46 p.m

May 27th, 2005
Age: 7 years old

The shouting won't stop. They keep on shouting at me. I tried to be perfect just for my foster parents.
I tried to be the perfect daughter. But soon I found out all they wanted is money.