Game Area 5: Crazy Carnevil

(Y/n's POV)

After you had your discussion with Bierce about Malak and what he had meant a few minutes earlier before leaving, you then jumped into the next nightmare portal that had just now opened. This time you saw one of those Murder Monkeys standing not too far away from the entrance of the portal.

"Looks like Malak's left one of his hideous monstrosity to guard the entrance. It reeks of desperation, don't you think?", Bierce stated to you. You decided not to answer, in fear of alerting the killer monkey of your presence.

"You'll just have to scare it off. Go and stare into its eyes and convince it that you're the bigger monster here. Trust me, it works. Just ask my late husband.", Bierce said. You were curious about if that would actually work, but before you even got the chance to test it out, Bierce said, "Ha ha! I'm joking! You wouldn't stand a chance against that thing without a little extra boost! Come back and go to the ring alter."

You rolled your eyes at her snarky remark about the situation and went back to the ballroom. Once you got to the ring altar, you were given a new power called, "Primal Fear", that allowed you to send a massive wave shock that caused any monster close to your proximity to stun in place (temporarily).

You then went back inside the portal and then used your new ability to scare the Murder Monkey away, so that you could past. You then ran pasted the monster guard and entered the nightmare world.

Inside, you saw that you were in a circus-like area with walls filled with posters promoting this world's circus attractions. "Ah, the circus, those were pretty popular in my day. Such great talent and showmanship. As a young girl, the performance never failed to fill me with wonder and excitement. Watching them back then, I wanted to become a star too... And now, children just sit around and do... what? Watch other people play video games online, huh? That just sounds absolutely boring if you ask me.", Bierce explains.

You looked around and saw that most of the circus posters had the same creepy-looking clown(s) on them. "Uh... this place is giving me the creeps!", you said as you opened the entrance gate of the circus.

As you walked ahead, you saw strange looking stands and cage wagons that had images of previous enemies that you had encountered before. You then saw a, turned off, merry-go-round in the center of the area.

Suddenly, as you were about to continue walking, a yellow-colored, clown car came speeding by you and honked its horn loudly. You could also hear a sinister laughing sound coming from inside the vehicle.

The car then drove off into the opposite direction and towards the big circus tent. "Hm...let me guess, Coulrophobia?", Bierce asked you, even though it sounded like she was taunting you.

Truth be told, you did have a bit of a fear of clowns when you were little. Due to this, you had avoided many circuses because clowns would cause you to run in fear or hide away from their presence.

Luckily, your ex had used a special technique that he had learned from his uncle to help you deal with this fear. Now, whenever you saw a person dressed up as a clown, you calmly walked by with a straight face on.

Remembering this, you decided to do the same and calmly continue your walk down the path that leads to the Big Top. As you arrived to the entrance of the circus tent, you saw the same clown car parked in front of the entrance, as if it was waiting for you to show up.

And just like earlier, the yellow car sped off inside the big tent before you got anymore closer to it. "I think they're inviting you in. Are you ready for the big top?", Bierce says to you.