Game Area 1: Monkey Business

(Y/n's POV)

After you jumped into the first nightmare portal, you were instantly transported into a hotel lobby room. The place looked super deserted and there were only strange cardboard cutouts of monkeys dressed as bellhops.

You immediately got a bad feeling about this, but you ignored that feeling as you needed to stay focused on the task at had. Suddenly, you heard Bierce's voice saying, "Oh, what a charming little hotel... Does this bring back memories to you, dear?"

You then remembered meeting your ex boyfriend here as he worked as a hotel mechanic back then. 'Those were the happy days...', you thought to yourself sadly.

You began to walk down the spooky hallway towards the elevator at the end. You stopped and noticed a sign that said "Welcome! Breakfast & Murder Free Everyday Unitl 10:00AM."

This made you a bit unsettled as you continued to head to the elevator. However, you saw a large silhouette of a monkey's head and body standing inside the elevator.

As you reached closer, it mysterious disappeared out of thin air. "Where the hell did it go!?", you said frightened and shocked.

You then steadily stepped into the moving machine and press the button up to the first floor of the hotel. As the elevator doors closed, you thought you saw the monkey again, only this time, it had a creepy smile on its face.

The elevator began to move up to the top floor as you saw the lights flicker on and off again. Then it came to a complete stop and the doors opened to another deserted room, except this one had rooms that were boarded up and a statue in the middle that looked like the same one back in the ballroom.

"See those floating bits of crystals? Those are soul shards, fragments of human spirits that are scattered throughout the halls of this little maze. Each crystal is a remnant of a human that has met their end here. Gather them all and this first ring piece will be yours...", Bierce explained to you as you saw the light-purplish crystals floating behind the boards that were blocking your path. As you began to tear down the boards (which weren't that hard to do) you heard Bierce ominous say, "Oh and one more thing...you aren't alone. There are monsters here and they are all looking for you."

Then, out of thin air, a tablet-like device was placed into your hands. "Here, you'll need this. It can detect each shards location. It was left behind by the last... guest to disappoint me hear. A very clever girl, just like yourself dearie, only she wasn't a very fast runner... Well, enough instructions! Break those boards and let's get this party started!", Bierce said instructing you.

You suddenly heard noises of feet(s) quickly running towards your direction. You then ran down the hall as you gathered soul shards along the way.

As you were running, you didn't pay attention to what was in front of you and you bumped into something hard. As you looked at who or what you hit, what you saw made your eyes go increasingly wide.

Standing in front of you was a monkey with a large head, sharp teeth with blood surrounding it, and huge beady red eyes. It's "hands" were sharp-like knives that also were stained with blood too.

It appeared to be dressed as a hotel bellhop as well. You frantically scooted back and covered your eyes, awaiting the pain that comes next.

But nothing happened and you looked up to see the monkey man still standing there like it was waiting for someone to say something. "Um hello...? My names (y/n). What's yours?", you asked him nervously.

The monkey then suddenly helped you up to your feet and tried to "dust" me off of any dirt that was on your clothes. "I hate to interrupt this little reunion, but there are soul shards that need collecting. Don't make me lose my patience, dearie!", Bierce warns you.

You then looked back to see the monkey man again, but he suddenly just vanished. You decided to shake that weird meet up out of my head and continue my search for the soul shards.

*Timeskip to getting all the soul shards...*

You've managed to gather all the shards while avoiding the monkey's that either chased you, helped you out, or just didn't pay that much attention to you. You ran all the way back to where the elevator and statue was and got the first ring piece.

As you got into the elevator, one of the monkey's surprisingly popped out of nowhere, though it looked a bit different from the rest, almost like it was angry at something...or someone. Luckily, the elevator doors quickly closed on it before it could even get inside.

You we're then back on the first floor of the hotel and began to walk back to the portal. Suddenly, a huge swarm of the same-looking monkey's we're running towards you.

"End of the road, mortal! Why don't you just give up and become mine forever?", a male demonic-like voice said to you as you ran from the hostile mob that was closing in fast. You then finally saw the portal and jumped in, escaping the monkey's and being brought back to the ballroom.

"Well done, love! You managed to get the first piece and escape, without even a scratch on you.", Bierce said to you happily as she was congratulating you on your hard work. "Uh...Bierce? Who was that scary voice I heard, while I was escaping?", you asked her curiously.

Bierce then had a smirk on her face before saying, "Oh yes! It seems you have also met my companion...", Bierce says as she points to the red colored door with a huge glass eye in the middle. Suddenly, it opened its eyes and began to look around before stopping to look at you.

You could have sworn you saw love and lust in its eyes as it began to annoying state, "Bierce! Still so persistent after all these years? Ha! How foolish..." It turned back to you and said softly to you, "Please do not listen to her, my flower. Bierce is just going to use you and then leave you behind to suffer. Trust in me and I'll grant you anything you desire. But, if you continue to help Bierce, I will be forced to use extreme measures to stop you. This will be your last and only warning..."

You we're in deep thought about this, until Bierce interrupts saying, "Oh my yes, listen to the giant eyeball instead... Now that's a funny thought! Don't pay any attention to him, he can't reach us in here. Now, place the ring piece on the alter, dear." You went over to the statue and placed the first ring piece inside.

"You see, this ring, "the Riddle of Heaven" as it's called (ironically) has the power of the most powerful and feared demon in all of existence. I've believed you met him before, but just to let you know, his name is Malak. If you complete the ring, then all of Malak's dark powers will be yours and you'll be able to fulfill your darkest desires...or so as the legend goes.", Bierce explains to you as you walk back to where she was. Then, another portal opens up, this time with a scary-looking girl's face as the symbol.

"One down, twelve more to go..."