Welcome To Bierce's Ballroom

(Y/n)'s POV)

Darkness...all you saw was darkness as it surrounded you and your body whole. You were left to wonder how everything in your life went completely wrong.

You had a wonderful and normal life like everyone else. Good friends, family, and even a caring boyfriend that you wished to marry soon.

Everything was just perfect, until you then remembered on that fateful night when you found out that your boyfriend was apparently cheating on you with one of your best friend's. Then, you suddenly found yourself covered in blood and saw a gun in your hand as well as both your ex boyfriend and BFF, dead on the floor.

You then remembered running away from the scene of the crime and running down the street. You then saw a young girl walking across the sidewalk and an incoming truck speeding down towards her without stopping.

With no other choice, you quickly sprinted to where the girl stood and before the truck made an impact on her you pushed her aside and took the hit for the girl, ultimately sacrificing your life for this one individual you didn't even know.

After that you came back to reality as you floated in deep darkness. You just wished you could go back in time and rewrite all the terrible mistakes you made.

If only you got a second chance...

"Why hello there, love! You must be the newcomer I heard about.", a mysterious voice calls out to you. You were startled and terrify by whoever said that as you looked around to see where that certain person is.

Suddenly, a woman around her 30's appeared right in front of you before your very eyes. She had light, white, curvy hair and light blue eyes. (Picture Below)

The woman was also wearing a long black dress, that was a bit too revealing to me personally

The woman was also wearing a long black dress, that was a bit too revealing to me personally. She must of noticed you staring at her for too long as she then says, "Well come on now, let's have a look at you shall we..."

You slowly walked over to the mysterious woman until you were about two inches away from her. She then looked you up and down as she was apparently examining you, like a doctor would to a patient.

The woman shook her head in disappointment before saying, "Tsk, tsk, tsk... you poor young girl. All those good intentions and decisions gone to waste. And I thought you'd be better than that..." You then felt upset after hearing her say that to you, remembering all the terrible stuff you did in the living world.

The woman then noticed your sadness and then said sadly to you, "Yes that's right, I know all the terrible things you've done, even the good ones. I understand your pain, as I too have felt that same feeling of betrayal before." You then said to her, "I know what I did was a sinful crime, but before I died I committed a heroic act! I saved that girl from being killed! I should at least be brought into heaven for all the goodness I've done before."

"But you're here instead, so why is that? Because, your fate is being judged by both parties as we speak! I'm sorry, but there's no turning back only death awaits you now.", the woman says to you.

You then lowered my head in sadness as you'll likely be sent to hell instead for the murder of your friend and ex boyfriend for this. Suddenly the woman said to you, "Fear not love! You got potential, I see it in you and I can give you a second chance at life to fix all the past mistakes you made..."

You were then excited and hopeful after hearing what she said. You want to be able to see my family again and maybe fix things so that none of this never happens.

But then the woman says to you with a smirk on her face, "But FIRST, you must go through some nightmares in order to achieve this!" The two of you were then transported to a fancy ballroom-like area, but surrounding it was a dark pit of nothingness with a few bits of debry floating around.

"By the way dearie, my name is Bierce. Pleasure doing business with you!", the woman called "Bierce" said nicely to you. Bierce then directed you to a tall, golden statue in the middle of the room.

"So, in order to save your soul and change your fate, you must gather these ring pieces for me. Each piece is fragments of an all powerful ring that supposedly states that those who wield it would have their deepest, darkest desires come true! Or so as the story goes... Each piece is in these separate portals that lead to nightmares that would drive a normal man mad. Gather all the pieces for me and I'll grant your wish...", Bierce explained to you. You then heard the first portal open up which had a scary-looking monkey's face on it.

As you was about to go in, Bierce then say ominously to you, "Oh and love! Should you fail, with I hope not, then you shall suffer a fate that is far more worse than death itself

As you was about to go in, Bierce then say ominously to you, "Oh and love! Should you fail, with I hope not, then you shall suffer a fate that is far more worse than death itself..." You got scared by what she just said, but you were determined nonetheless to achieve. You then closed your eyes and jumped into the portal.

Unaware that the nightmares are going to be the least of your worries...