Game Area 4: Stranger Sewers

(Y/n's POV)

After hearing what Bierce had to say to you, you jumped into the new nightmare portal that had just opened up. As usual, there was an obstacle placed inside that blocked the way to the other side.

"Malak's blocked the entrance, now that's just pathetic, don't you think?", Bierce says as if commenting on how poorly Malak has made his trap. "Well never fear, love. There is a solution to your problem. You'll just have to... rearrange your brain a bit. Come back to the altar.", Bierce says to me reassuringly.

You then walked back to the ballroom and made your way to the glowing altar. "Now, just hold still for a moment. You might also want to close your eyes. It keeps them from popping out.", Bierce states as she grants me a new power called, telepathy. 

"Thank you, Bierce.", you said to her nicely. "Not a problem, my dear! Just don't let me catch you trying to see through anything else besides walls.", Bierce kindly warns you as you jump back into the portal. 

You use the new abilities to get past the trap and you make your way to the (now cleared) entrance way. Once inside, you see that you are in the sewers and that the water level there is almost up to your knees. 

"Not afraid of a little sewer water, are you? Just don't get any of it in your mouth.", Bierce says as you start walking. You then notice that you movement is a lot slower in the water than usual.

As you walked, you heard Bierce stating, "You've might have heard of the urban legends, I'm sure. All kinds of things get flushed down here. Alligators, Goldfish, ... Duckies." Suddenly, a spotlight was turned on inside a grate room and you turned to see the duckies that Bierce said.

The duckies looked like the one you saw on their portal, except they looked decrepit and covered with cracks and sludge. They had sharp, pointy teeth and a traffic cone on top of their heads.

'Man... these things just give me the creeps!', you said to yourself as you moved on to the next room. "Mmm... this sewer smells very... ripe. *Gag* I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.", Bierce complained about the sewer's smell. 

You ignored Bierce's remarks and entered the next room, this time there was a medium sized hole next to the door and on top was a message that said, "Watch out for the big one!" "Well, that's interesting.", Bierce commented to you as you went to open the door to the next area.

Suddenly, a beak came right at you and grabbed you in a tight grip. You managed to get out of the tight grip and the beak retreated back to where ever it came from. 

"It's unlocked.", you heard Bierce say as you tried to calm down after that surprising encounter you just faced. You then entered the next room which was the starting point of this world's maze. 

You saw from one of the corridors a few Dread Duckies floating in the water in the distance. "Oh look! They're trying to blend in, eh? Let's see how well you pay attention to details.", Bierce says after seeing the duckies too. 

You knew this was a caution, not a snarky remark like Bierce would usually say about a bad situation. You decide to listen to her advice and ran into the maze to start the first round.

*Time-skip to after collecting all the soul shards in zone one and avoiding/escaping the real Dread Duckies later...* 

You were standing in the middle of where all the corridors connected together after you had gathered all the soul shards, while also using the telepathy power to figure out which Dread Duckies were safe and which weren't. "Congrats! You've gathered half of the shards. Just try to live long enough to get the rest of them.", Bierce says to you.