Two Weeks (32)

Comincia dall'inizio

     More time was passing and there was nothing she could do about it. 

     She looked down at the plumpness of her breasts with nipples just slightly covered by thick bubbles. These days, she became more adjusted to the new version of her body, a body she only dreamed of. While a treat in many ways, she still missed her old looks, the kind that are simple enough without being boring. Now? Forget it. She attracted eyes no matter where she went. 

     Not only was it her enchanting yet alien looks, it was also the power that began to grow and grow within her, warming her skin and swirling around until she was wound tight. To harness so much power was nearly impossible for her at times, until she realized that she could would need to do so naturally, easily. 

     Instead of running four miles, she could run forty. Instead of lifting fifty pounds, she could lift five hundred without breaking too much of a sweat. All of her gifts arrived at an accelerated pace and she knew it was because of Godhead. 

     While Aeress was not one to put herself down, she knew these gifts of strength and agility and power were not a result of her own hardwork but from the thousands of years of experience from Godhead. It was impposible for Aeress to have such skill in so little time. But skill she did have! 

     Each time, Klein threw a worthy opponent at her, having each one have more brawn than the last. And each time she triumphed and grew with power until she sparred with the absolute best in the world. 

     It wasn't just physical gain either. She trained to have near-perfect leadership skills, strategic thinking on war and politics. And once again, she sprouted with newfound confidence that helped her become a woman worthy of the title Godhead. 

     All she could do was train and train until the two weeks time dwindled to nothing. 

     Aeress leaned on Godhead more than ever before, feeling isolated with only the extra voice in her head. 

     Godhead became a companion, a true, adored spirit instead of a feared creature. 

     And at the same time, the closer she felt to Godhead, the more she felt her presence waning, which she didn't understand. So when she questioned Godhead about this, her answer evaded being an actual answer. 

     "How many days left, huh?" 

     Five

     "And he hasn't come back." 

     Yes. We miss him, don't we?

     "Why though?" she demanded. "When all he does is disappoint us?" 

     Godhead sighed. You are right. Our mate is a complex man. But he is ours and we must embrace his faults as all else. Besides that, I'm dying to claim him. 

     "What do you mean by 'claim him'?" 

     Full penetration and blood consumption of the other will allow for our mating bond to exist and also strengthen. What we feel now is nothing compared to what we will feel. Everything we've done has created a stronger bond with him, yet we still have not completed it. 

     "You mean it gets worse?" 

     It get better, sweetheart, you'll see. 

     "The Guides don't want us together though?" 

     Many things will change after the trials. Do not worry too much of this little detail. We will have Warrick fully. We are fated. 

     "You make it sound so easy," she whined. 

     Love is simple. 

     "I don't love him!"

     Almost. That's close enough. 

     "Do you purposely sound like a fortune cookie sometimes?" 

     Or perhaps fortune cookies sound like me. I am older.

     Aeress laughed. "That's true. Hey, listen... I'm sorry for being an asshole when we first met."

     Fear is toxic and poisoning. And what we do not understand, we fear. There is nothing to forgive. You are human and you were being human. 

     "Godhead? Can I ask you about something?" She thought about that chest the Guides showed her when she first arrived. 

     She felt a sadness soak into her heart. You want to know about Avathara. 

     "Who was she?"

     She didn't respond for a very long time, and Aeress thought she was ignoring her, even as she felt her emotions tearing her inside out. 

     My baby. 

     Aeress wiped at the tears falling down her eyes. "She died?" 

     She was murdered! Godhead screamed so loud. And before Aeress knew what was going on, she could feel Godhead going into a frenzy within her body. It brought blood from her ears and the feeling of flames on her skin. 

     Aeress knew the old her would have fainted at the force of her mourning but she instead endured the pain and waited for the storm to pass. 

     Godhead sensed this and calmed quicker than Aeress expected. My baby, Avathara, was murdered. What you saw were her ashes. My baby's ashes. Her sobs were loud and clear. She was unafraid of being vulnerable in front of her. I haven't thought of her in a very long time. 

     "Who murdered her?" 

     Her rage came rearing back. The Devil. Aeress looked down to see claws extending from her nails. 

     Aeress to felt anger at a man who could murder a child. He must have been the true demon. 

     What happened to him?

     I slayed that monster! She roared. Disgusting scum of the Earth! I could kill him a hundred times over and it still wouldn't be enough! Ripping out his instestines and braiding them while he watched wasn't enough. I put him out of his misery, but I should've tortured him for a thousand more years!

     Aeress had whiplash from the different emotions bombarding her. I'm so sorry for your loss. No one should lose a child. I'm sorry. 

     She just continued ranting and raving and eventually wailing with a pain that tore Aeress apart. So she just laid there with a war going on in her mind and body. 

     Avathara was my everything, and he took her away. That soulless fiend, that, that... He ruined everything. 

     You killed him?

     I avenged Avathara. Yes, I killed him. I will not speak his name, he is not worthy enough to be spoken from my lips!

     Well you don't have to. It sounds to me that justice was served. As much as it could be, anyway. Thank you for sharing, I can see it still pains you, and I'm sorry for opening the wound. 

     You have every right to know. My history is your history now.

     What does that mean?

     For now, nothing. Please. She sounded so incredibly tired. I'd like to be on my own for a little while. I'll be here when you need me.