FIFTY

{This chapter contains some gore, death, and suicide-ish stuff, and is possibly a trigger for some people. If you don't want to read it, skip to where the italics stop.}

{Octavia's Point of View}

I groaned and rolled over. I had been sleeping between my wives, because they enjoyed snuggling into my sides. I wrapped my arms around Winifred, and snuggled into her, Janessa snuggling into my back. I groaned a bit harder when I felt leather under my hands. I wiggled my fingers against her belly and scrunched my nose.

Letting out another noise, I huffed a sigh against Winifred's back. I tried to go back to sleep, but couldn't. I felt a sharp pain in my belly, and attributed it to the way I was laying. I hissed as the pain came again, and rolled over, feeling weird in my belly. It felt like something was moving around. Probably gas, I thought.

I couldn't go back to sleep, so I groaned again and opened my eyes, staring at my ceiling. I sighed and moved to wipe the sleep from my eyes. When I had finished, I looked at both of my wives, and was confused. There were bodies next to me on either side, but they weren't my wives. I sat up, leaning on my elbows, the pain in my belly intensifying, looking at the forms next to me.

They looked like mummies that had been abandoned in a spider web cave for years with nothing to keep them together. Their skin was leathery and dry, their mouths opened in a dry scream. Their hair was dried and sticking out in all odd directions. I felt tears in my eyes as I looked at my wives. What the fuck had happened to them? I felt the sharp pain in my stomach again, and looked down at my belly.

There was a ragged looking golf ball sized hole in my lower belly, on the left side, and I could see something moving around in my belly. I paled and tried to scream, but I couldn't make any noise other than grunts and groans. I got out of my bed as best as I could, trying not to touch my mummy wives, and made my way out of my room, heading down the hallway, pushing my intestines back into my body that tried to come out of the hole, blood oozing out of my body, down my legs, and onto the floor.

I whimpered as whatever was inside me was moving some more, and I felt the sharp pain again. I groaned and gripped my chest, leaning against the wall. When the sharp pain had lessened, I continued walking. The first room I came to was my parents. I knocked on the door and it creaked open. I looked around the room and noticed that there was blood and flesh pieces everywhere.

I narrowed my eyes and looked around the room in less of a rush. I noticed that beyond the blood, there was pieces of... What looked like my father around the room. I felt tears start to fall down my face, even though I wasn't sobbing. I moved further into the room, trying to avoid stepping on the pieces of my mutilated father, and the blood, as best as I could. I could hear soft scratching noises from the bathroom, and I was hoping it was someone alive.

I made it to the door and knocked, not hearing a response, so I opened the door. I felt the sharp pain in my gut again, and whimpered, looking down, before I could manage to lift my head and look into the bathroom. I felt tears roll down my face in larger amounts as I looked around the bathroom, and saw my mother. She was pale, with a rope around her neck. There were scratches up and down her neck, like she had tried to scratch the rope off. Her face was red-purple bruise looking, and her arms hung limply at her waist. Her eyes were bulging from her face, and her mouth was wide open, in a voiceless scream, while blood dried down her chin and throat.