Chapter 26

Rose's P.O.V.
     I bit my lip as I stalled. I knew ever since my conversation with Dani before I ended up in hell. It felt like years but had only been a few days.
    Steeling my nerves, I looked between the pair before my eyes settled on Jason. "Jason." He smiled at me as I approached him. When I looked behind me, Freddy looked disappointed. "You're a great guy. You're sweet and kind and thoughtful. Regardless of the bet, you always made sure I was happy and kept me safe. And I'll treasure all that forever....but you're not the right guy for me. My sister once told me that I have to pick the guy that makes me the better girl. And...that's not you."
     With that I turned to Freddy who looked confused. "Freddy." His blue eyes gazed into my hazel ones. "You're fun and funny and I enjoy being around you. But you're also selfish and pervy and, to be perfectly honest, kinda a dick. But..." He waited to see what I would say. "The more I thought about it, the more I realized that despite all that, I love you. I am in love with you.
     "So...I choose Freddy."
     "Wait. Me?" Freddy asked, still looking confused.
     "Yes you!"
     With that, Freddy laughed out loud and began dancing around like a dork. "Hahaha! I win! I got the girl! Whoo hoo!" He walked over to Jason and held out a hand. "No hard feelings though, hockey puck?" Jason took his hand then Freddy laughed again. "Hahaha!"
     Then he calmed down for a second and shook Jason's hand for real. "You're a lucky man." Jason said quietly.
     "Hell yea I am!"
     I shook my head as Freddy danced over to me. "You're gonna make me regret this, aren't you?"
    He grinned. "Oh, princess, you're gonna regret this for the rest of your life." He said just before kissing me passionately. "Oh! That reminds me! I have a gift for you!"
     He pulled out a beautiful locket for me:

 "Oh! That reminds me! I have a gift for you!"     He pulled out a beautiful locket for me:

     "Oh Freddy!" I hugged him and he chuckled as he helped me put it on.
     "You are a treasure." He whispered in my ear. "And I will love you forever."
     "When did you get so romantic?"
     "Since you chose me." He grinned.
     I smiled and jumped into his arms joyfully.
                         * * * * *
     The rest of that day was mostly a blur to me. We went home and Dani collected Angel. Then we told our stories to one another.
     The boys explained more about their feud and how the bet got started. They explained what they had done to win me over and, while I was surprised, it didn't change a thing. I had chosen Freddy and I was sticking to my decision.
     We also discussed what had happened in hell. Everyone there got very protective of me when I told them what Pinhead had done. Some even growled about how they should've killed him twice or made him suffer more. But what was done was done.
     We stayed there for a long time, just talking and chatting until it got late. One thing in particular seemed important to me. Most everyone wanted to move to Elm Street to ensure my safety and also so we could hang out more and be together. Eventually, it was decided that those who didn't move here would at least have a home ready for when they wanted to visit.
     Once we got tired of talking, the killers started to leave in groups or singles. Those with families left together while the rest went with friends or by themselves. Soon enough, all that was left was me, Freddy, Jason, Billy, Dani, and Angel.
     Billy and Dani put Angel to sleep before heading off themselves. We decided to take our conversation outside. I talked with Freddy and Jason about our plans from now on.
     Last time, I had rushed it. This time, Freddy and I were gonna take our time and I was gonna get to know Freddy...the real Freddy, for better or worse.
     After a lot of talking, Freddy wrapped one arm around me and the other around Jason. "Y'know...I think this could be the start of a beautiful friendship, hockey puck."
     "Don't push your luck, Mr. Deep Fried Sandman."
     I burst out laughing then as we walked off into the sunset.... finally happy with the way everything turned out.

Hey, me here! There's one more chapter left so enjoy it!