Chapter 16

Narrator's P.O.V.
     As the day wore on, everyone was doing their own thing.
     Rose went to the mall with Angel who was giggling at every little thing. She went into Hot Topic first. There, she bought a bunch of pins, the Slytherin locket, a moondust necklace for her sister, a Lydia Deetz bag, and a Coraline t-shirt.
     Then it was off to Spencer's to buy a couple horror movie t-shirts, a spiked bracelet, and more pins.
     She stopped by the food court to buy a couple stuffed burritos from Izzos for herself, Billy, and Dani. Then she headed home.
                          * * * * *
     Meanwhile, Dani had to run a bunch of errands including reserving their table for tonight. She got home minutes before Rose.
     The pair watched a few episodes of Supernatural, Dani fawning over Dean while Rose was crushing on Gabriel and Sam. Afterwards, Billy got home from work and the three sat down to eat lunch together while watching House of 1000 Corpses.
     It got later in the day so they went upstairs to prepare for Jason to come over.
                      * * * * *
     Meanwhile, Jason, after leaving Freddy, went to let off some steam. He disappeared back to Camp Crystal Lake for a few hours to kill some teens. Doing so made him feel a little bit better.
     Knowing that evening was approaching and he had Rose all to himself tonight made it even better. Not just because of the joy it brought him to be with her but also of getting revenge on Freddy for cheating and breaking the rules of the bet.
     It got time for him to go pick her up so he rushed off, grin on his face.
                      * * * * *
     Freddy knew Jason was planning on getting revenge and it pissed him off. He made up his mind that he would keep an eye on her, as well as having Chucky there for backup.
     But if worse came to worse, Freddy promised he'd kill Jason himself.

                  Rose's P.O.V.
     Evening came and I had managed to push down my guilt by focusing on what to wear. I loved the black dress I had worn on my date with Freddy, but I needed something different.
     Eventually, I settled on a long sleeved mid thigh length red dress that was low cut in the front. I picked a pair of heels that were black on the top and red on the bottom and pulled my hair into a curly updo. A pair of golden earrings was the only jewelry I wore.
     Taking a deep breath, I walked out the room before I could lose my nerve. I was halfway downstairs when I heard Billy chatting with someone else with his usual overprotective older brother attitude.
     Here we go again!

              Narrator's P.O.V.
     While Rose was upstairs getting ready, there was a knock at the door. Billy was the only one who was already dressed, wearing a simple suit but with no tie and two buttons undone on his shirt, the sleeves rolled up, Angel perched on his hip.
     He opened the door to reveal Jason, dressed in a suit and looking super awkward and embarrassed. In his hands he held a large teddy bear holding a box of chocolates and a bouquet of balloons.
     "Yes?" Billy said, in the most intimidating tone of voice he could manage.
     Jason looked nervous as he said, "Um...I'm looking for Rose?"
     "You must be Jason Voorhees." Billy glared at Jason.
     "Yes. That's me. Who are you?"
     "I'll be asking the questions here, boy!" Billy sent Jason one of his patented death glares. "How old are you, boy?"
      "26."
      "That's a lot older than my sister. I can only assume you are up to no good. Tell me, what are your intentions with my baby sister?"
      "Well...I just...."
      At that moment, Rose appeared. "Billy! Leave Jason alone! He's shy!"
     "H-h-hey, sweetheart." Jason said, quietly, stammering a bit.
     Rose smiled. "Hey, sweetie."
     She walked over to Jason and enveloped him into a hug before kissing him. Right at that moment, Dani walked in.
      "Whoa! Don't start the party without me!"
     Rose broke away from Jason, giggling.
     "Gross." Billy teased and Rose smacked him.
     And with that, the group headed out to the car for the date.
                          * * * * *
     Rose's date with Jason wasn't much different than her date with Freddy. Once again, the group went to a relatively fancy restaurant, albeit a different one from the one she went on her date with Freddy to prevent any waiters from making a comment on her having a different date for this evening.
     Just like before, food was ordered and the group drank champagne while chatting it up. This is where it was different. Freddy had been very talkative and very animated with his conversations, waving his arms around while he talked. And he would talk about anything: how he ended up with Rose, his favorite kills from over the years, his favorite movies growing up, just to name a few.
     Jason, however, they quickly learned, was more quiet and shy than anything else. He preferred to listen than to talk and when he did talk, he had to be prompted to do so and didn't say much.
      "So how did you two meet?" Dani had asked, trying to start up the conversation on Jason's relationship to her best friend/sister-in-law, even though she already knew.
     "I really don't want to hear it." Billy had said, not wanting to know anything about the relationship he definitely didn't approve of. However, to be fair, he didn't approve of her relationship to Freddy either.
     Rose and Jason shared a look. Mentioning the fact that Jason had kidnapped her to convince her to date him would not be wise.
      Fortunately, Rose had discussed what Jason should say to questions like this, just like she had done with Freddy.
      Jason managed out, "I met her awhile back. Um...we were friends from back in the day...but I never had the courage to ask her out." Rose sent Jason a smile to show he was doing a good job. "But we got to talking and realized we liked each other so I asked her out."
      The rest of the date passed in much the same way. Even though Rose would've preferred to be truthful with her brother, he would have thrown a fit like a child if he knew the truth so she considered it a necessary evil....
                         * * * * *
     The night continued on with no problems and the group arrived home later that night. They chatted some more then watched Tucker and Dale Vs Evil before Dani, Billy, and Angel went to bed.
     It was quiet in the house. Neither Rose nor Jason knew what to say so they sat in comfortable silence for awhile.
     Eventually, Jason spoke up, "I guess I should go." He looked into her eyes, giving her an innocent puppy dog look. "That would be the gentlemanly thing to do."
     "Maybe..." She said.
     Next thing she knew, they were upstairs, lips attached, and well on their way to doing something else....

To be continued...
Once again, I wanted the smut in a separate chapter.