Chapter 3

Song is what they play when they're fixing up the house. ^^ This chapter is also mainly filler with the important part at the end.

                        Dani's P.O.V.
     The first thing Billy and I did as soon as we left the house was to discuss what we needed to do. We headed first to Home Depot to grab paint, wood flooring, tile, cement, and a few other things.
       Then we went to a furniture store to see what kind of furniture there was. We found a king-sized bed for us and a nice black leather sofa. We decided to wait before making any more decisions but bought the bed and sofa. We'd pick them up later in the week.
        With that done, we made a few more stops before heading back to the house. Rose was asleep on the couch, with her favorite blanket covering her. I started shaking her awake, soon after yelling before she woke up, jumping into a defensive pose, looking scared.
       "Where is he?!"
       "Who? You ok, sis?"
       She shook her head, seemingly remembering where she was. "It was just a dream. A very strange dream. It felt so real....but it's ok. I'm ok now."
        We both shrugged it off as Billy walked in, a paint can in each hand. "Someone gonna help me with unloading the car?"
        We both flipped him off as we followed him back out to the car. It took a few minutes to move in all the supplies. The first thing we did was to take a look at the list Rose made.
       "Alright. So we'll start with ripping out this dreadful carpet."
       I grabbed the boom box out of the car, plugged it in, and popped in one of the CDs we'd burned for this exact situation. SEX by Nickelback started blaring.
      Billy made a face. "Really? This is what we're listening to? Heaven help me! I'm living with two crazy girls!"
       We both nodded our heads. "Yep." I said.
       "Pretty much." Rose added.
       We got to work on ripping out the ugly shag carpet from each of the rooms it occupied. Then we piled it up out of the way before we grabbed the paint. The first room we worked on was the living room.
       While we were painting, we started throwing paint at each other. Ironically enough, the song changed to Eye of the Tiger which made it all the more funny.
       That is, until I looked down to find my favorite shirt was covered in paint, thanks to my husband. I gave him my famous death glare, saying, "This is my favorite shirt."
        "Uh..." Billy turned and started to run, yelling, "Don't kill me!"
        "Oh I'm not gonna kill ya!" I threw some leftover paint at him, effectively now ruining his favorite shirt.
        Rose looked like she was about to burst with laughter and excused herself so she could paint her room. I threw some more paint at Billy who now had some paint covering his face and hair. Then, laughing, we grabbed our paint and went to paint our room.

                        Billy's P.O.V.
         After all the painting was done, which took several hours, we were all exhausted. So we went out to the car to grab our stuff for the night. The master bedroom had a bed so Dani and I just covered it with a few blankets. Rose's room didn't have a bed so we blew up the air mattress for her.
        After rinsing all the paint off ourselves, the girls started to shiver from the cold so we went back inside to lay down for the night. Dani was asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.
        I went to check on Rose who was still awake, reading a book and trying to get comfortable. She always had trouble sleeping.
        Speaking of, a sudden thought occurred to me. "Hey, Rose?"
        Rose looked over and saw me. "Hey, bro. Need anything?" She asked in her usual sassy manner, right after bookmarking her page.
         It was kind of adorable seeing my baby sister trying to be intimidating when she was so tiny. Not that I'd ever even think of mentioning that. The one time I did, she nearly killed me. Literally! She took out her katana and almost stabbed me!
         "That dream you had earlier..... what was it about?"
        She shrugged. "It was just a stupid dream. I guess I'm just paranoid living in the Elm Street house. Everybody knows Freddy isn't real."
       "Freddy? As in Krueger?" I asked.
       "Yea the guy I had the dream about. I heard rumors about this place but they're just rumors."
       I shook my head. "Right. I'm sure you're just nervous and tired." Rose nodded. "Anyway, promise me you'll try to get some sleep."
       She smiled one of her genuinely happy smiles. "I'll try. Night, Billy."
       "Night, Rose."
       I walked out the door.
       That's the thing about me and Rose. We're siblings. We fight, we annoy each other, and we call each other psycho (I call her psycho) and idiot (she calls me idiot) but at the end of the day, I love my baby sister and would do anything to protect her and I know she loves me as well in her own weird way (whatever that maybe).
        That's why I had to be sure of something.
        I laid down next to Dani who was now snoring adorably (although she would deny ever doing such a thing) and fell asleep.
                            *Dream**
        I was standing at the entrance of the Elm Street house. Rose and Dani were nowhere to be found. I entered through the front door and made my way through some twisted halls until I reached my destination: the basement.
       I could hear the sound of Freddy sharping his knife fingers on a whetstone. Descending into the basement, I expected the usual sight: a boiler, a lot of weapons against the walls, and all sorts of other things.
        However, to my surprise, I found the walls covered in pictures. Not the pictures of Freddy's victims either. No. They were pictures of my sister.
        Freddy turned when he heard me enter. "Billy! I was wondering when I'd get to see my best friend!"
       I glared him down. "What are you planning with my sister?!" I said in barely contained rage.
       "Huh?" He asked, confused.
       "Cut the crap, Krueger! I know you saw my sister! I know you were in her dream earlier today!"
       "You mean the hot red-head I saw a few hours ago? The one who flirted with me?"
       "That's the one!"
       "She's your sister? Man, could you hook me up?'
      "Dude, that's my sister! And no, I want you to stay far from her! I don't want her to be around killers like you!"
       "That's a load of bullshit and you know it! You are a killer too! You and your little girlfriend!"
        "Wife!"
        "And, considering she's your sister and didn't seem too afraid of me, she must be one of us!"
       "Stay away, Krueger! I'm warning you! And this is the only warning you get! My sister is the most important thing in the world to me other than my wife and if anything happens to her, I will kill the motherfucker who hurts her so don't push me. Comprendé?"
       "Whatever you say, Billy boy."
                       *End Dream**      

                    Narrator's P.O.V.
        Neither Freddy nor Billy knew it at the time but someone overheard their conversation. Someone else who was interested in Rose....