【六十九】 protective ‣ pt. 3

Start from the beginning

"just now," yingyue said. "are you alone?"

doyoung shook his head. "johnny hyung's here too. what's up?"

it was then that yingyue noticed the said boy sitting on the ground, waving at her.

"i didn't even see you," she laughed and skipped beside doyoung.

"you seem.. different?" johnny narrowed his eyes.

"in a bad way?"

"no, no. you're a lot more, i don't know, giddy?"

yingyue purses her lips and looked off to the side, making doyoung nudge her with his elbow.

"what, is it a boy?" he grinned.

"no! what? you're crazy!" the girl clicked her tongue, trying to play her bashfulness off but failed under the boys' stares. "yes."

johnny raised one of his eyebrows with a teasing smile. "i thought jaehyun and i told you that we're the only boys you need?"

doyoung let out a chuckle at his comment and turned to yingyue.

"so?"

"okay, so!" she perked up. "his name's chanhee but everyone calls him chani since that's his stage name—"

"oh, he's an idol too?" doyoung asked to which yingyue nodded.

"he's a part of sf9! he's really cute, and apparently he left a letter in my locker."

"mhm.."

"i didn't get it, but! but! he asked me out on a date!" she exclaimed.

neither of the elders had seen her this excited over a date before (not like she went on many), and were suckers for seeing her like this. her eyes seemed to light up while talking about chani and her smile was so wide that her dimples were prominent.

"did you say yes?" questioned johnny.

"i wanted to ask taeyong oppa first, and tell doyoung oppa before i said anything."

johnny put a hand over his chest and sighed out, "we raised you well."

rolling her eyes, yingyue bounced up from her position on the mattress.

"i'm gonna go ask taeyong oppa now!" she announced and turned to the door, only to be met with him.

"i heard everything," taeyong childishly grinned. "you can go. after you tell us where you're going, when you're going, what time you'll be home, and—"

"the arcade, after school on friday, i'll be home before seven, and yes, i'll bring back snacks."

the leader nodded in approval and ruffled her hair. "you have us on speed dial, right?"

"always! thank you!"

yingyue briefly gave taeyong an affectionate hug before running out of the room and to her own, shouting out an "i love you" on the way.