the last pt. ll

— jimmys pov
i sat in the chair next to (y/n)'s hospital bed. my arm was in a sling, my right leg was fractured with a cast around it, i had to get stitches pretty much everywhere on my body. a yawn escaped from my mouth as i sat there, the memory of the crash replaying in my mind. my non-swollen eye filled with tears. i wiped them away before the nurse came into the room. she looked down at me and gave me a small smile. i just nodded and looked over at the fragile girl in the bed. she had a skull fracture, too many broken bones, and a collapsed lung. she could recover, it would just be slow.
"im just here to refill her iv." the nurse said. she stepped around to the other side of the bed and did as she said. (y/n)'s closed eyes opened slowly.

— (y/n)'s pov

i took a deep breath and listened to the soft foot steps of the nurse. i opened my eyes, only for them to close right after.
"close the curtain." i croaked out. the nurse nodded and pulled the curtains shut. the room got darker as i looked over to jimmy. his brown hair looked super messy.
"hey, cookie." he said. a small smile slipped onto his face.
"hi." i smiled back at him. he pulled himself closer to the bed, then holding my hand.
"im so sorry, its all my fau-" he started, but i interrupted him. i knew he would say something like this.
"jimmy, its not your fault." i looked him in the eyes. "we couldnt do anything about it."

all the boys had already come by to spread their condolences. they had brought flowers, cards, and other gifts. chris had told us the cops had found out that the other driver was drunk.
"i just want to go home." his expression saddened as he sighed.
"i know, me too." i rubbed his hand with my thumb. he was so sweet, never deserved anything like this. i could tell he was tired.
"go back to your room and take a nap, jim." i said. "ill be fine here." he smiled.
"i love you, so much." he said. he grabbed his crutches and stood up.
"i love you too." i said as he limped out the room.

— timeskip. 🇫🇷

we had been home for about two weeks now. we were both on bed rest and werent allowed to leave the house. i stayed on the couch most of the time with my switch. it was pretty hard to play with a sprained wrist.
"crap!" i yelled at the screen, losing another match. jimmy chuckled softly, standing in front of me. they had switched his cast over to a book and he could walk on it a bit. he wouldnt let me do anything for myself.
"here, love." he held out a bowl of mac and cheese. i smiled and took it, sitting the console next to me. he sat down and pecked my temple. i scrunched my nose up at him and took a bit of the food.
"do you want a bit?" i asked, holding some out in front of him. he nodded and opened his mouth. i giggled and fed it to him.
"baby." i called him. he laughed and wrapped an arm around me.
"we have physical therapy on wednesday and friday." i said and leaned into him, he sighed. he hated going, and i didnt blame him. it was like torture.
"i just want to cuddle." he said, laying his head ontop of mine. i smiled.
"me too." sitting the bowl and switch on the table, i leaned over and laid back on the couch. his eyes looked me up and down before cuddling into me.
"this doesnt hurt, does it?" he asked, concern lingering in his voice.
"of course not." i replied. he stroked the strands of my hair nearest to him. i looked up at his baby blue eyes. he leaned in and kissed me. only one thought floated in my mind. if the baby inside me would have his same baby blue eyes. 

i was watching tenser's stream earlier and him and lucas had me giggling