Chapter 45: Bonus chapter

Start bij het begin

Kissing my wife softly on the neck once more I pulled away from her and headed over to the door coated in beautiful stickers and flowers.

Grasping the handle to her door, I pushed it open and smiled seeing my baby girl sitting on the floor, wiping her tears?!

Running over I scooped down and knelt before her taking her face in my hands.

I was going to kill whoever made my little girl cry.

"Oh sweetheart, why are you crying? Please don't cry baby girl, you know it makes me sad when you cry".

Lily sniffled softly as she rubbed at her tears with her long sleeve.

"T-Tommy said t-that princesses are not real and said I was n-not a princess".

Rage burned inside me as I listened to my little girl sob at another child's comments. Would it be totally unreasonable to contact the nursery and find the address of this child who hurt my baby girl.

"Don't you dare for a second listen to what that silly boy said. You are a princess and nobody can take that away from you. You are my princess and that is all that matters. I bet that silly boy doesn't believe in fairies or dragons either".

Lily giggled softly and shook her head as she wiped away her tears.

"That's it baby, wipe away those tears, I don't want to see you cry".

"Dad? You okay?". I stared up at Lily startled by my deep flashbacks.

"Sorry sweetheart, just thinking. Anyway, how's Matthew doing?"

I still couldn't believe I allowed my little angel to delve into a relationship with the same boy she went to Nando's with years ago. But he proved himself countless times and from the way Lily looked at him and spoke about him, I knew he'd always make her happy and that was more than enough for me.

"He's great dad. Actually he said he wanted to speak with you about something today, I don't know what though. Ethan is coming home with Laura today so we're going out for lunch. I don't know what time Matthew wants to talk to you, but I'm sure he'll contact you".

Why would he want to speak to me?

"Okay baby". Lily ran over and wrapped her arms around my torso and nuzzled her head in my chest.

"I have to go now, but I'll see you later dad".

"Bye sweetheart".

Lily waved back to me before heading out of my office and shutting my door gently behind her. Slumping back into my chair I continued checking through my papers smiling at the pictures of children's faces in their new home. That was my ultimate goal, to rescue the vulnerable and protect the helpless.

--------------------------------

It was 4pm now and the day had flown by rather quickly full of meetings and consulting with vulnerable people helping them with their needs.

"Sir" Katrina yelled out from behind the door.

"Yes Katrina?"

The door opened and in walked Katrina who smiled at me before nodding curtly at me.

"There's a young man called Matthew who wishes to see you boss. Shall I send him in?".

"Yes, send him in please".

Katrina nodded sharply and ushered Matthew in who instantly sat down in the armchair in front of my desk.

"Hello Matthew. How are you doing?"