Chapter 11 | A Weekend Getaway

Start from the beginning

"It's great. The cabin has a games room, jacuzzi, a clean lake. The town isn't too far away, and they have a fair going on," Noah explains, as we pass the sign where the cabins are located.

"It's awesome. The three of us come up here all the time, even Nick and Liv have been up here with us. I think Liv is happy she's not surrounded by four football players this time though," Dylan laughs, and Noah agrees.

"We're here. Finally. You two won't kill each other now," Noah mutters.

The slanted room slope comes into view as we round the corner and pull into the driveway. The two-story log cabin stands tall, towering over the car. Glass windows break up the wood as the lake behind it that stretches out for ages glistens under the sun. Noah turns off the engine, and we all step out of the car. It seems a lot bigger now we're out of the car and can see it properly.

"I'm in heaven," Hannah sighs dreamily, looking up at it, making Noah laugh.

"Race you!" Dylan shouts, taking the keys out of Noah's hand and running to the cabin. Hannah screams profanities at him before chasing after him. Rolling my eyes, I head to the back of the car as Noah opens up and we grab our stuff.

"Well, the kids seem to enjoy it here, honey. Maybe we can get some alone time," Noah smirks, wiggling his eyebrows as he throws his arm over my shoulder. I burst out laughing at his acting and Noah joins in. "Come on."

Closing the trunk, we make our way into the cabin. "This place is awesome," I comment. The cabin gives off a homey feel despite the size of it. Wooden furniture that buys into the whole cabin feel, but plenty of personal touches that make it cozy. "Thanks for this," I nudge his shoulder before leaning up to kiss his cheek.

"The better car has arrived," Aiden jokes, as the others walk through the door and Sierra takes in the view since the others have seen it.

"Noah, tell your idiot of a best friend that he isn't having the room I want!" Hannah shouts, walking into the living area. "Dylan is a sore loser, I got that room fair and square."

"That car journey must have been fun," Nick scoffs, as Dylan comes back into the room and Noah and I nod our heads.

"How many rooms does this place have?" Sierra questions as she walks around, eyes wide.

"Four bedrooms. So, two to a room. I know Liv and Nick will share. What about the rest of us?" Noah asks.

"Aiden and I can share, that means Hannah and Ava can share, and then you and Dylan," Sierra shrugs, as if it's not a huge deal. I raise my eyebrow at her, yet she refuses to look at Hannah and me. I see the guys give Aiden a look too.

"Well, that's settled. Now onto important business. Food," Dylan rubs his hands together and heads to the kitchen. "Dude, you have no food! How will I live?" He searches the kitchen frantically, opening every cupboard in sight as we all put our bags in the living room for the time being.

"We haven't used the cabin in a while. We usually get food for the time we're here, so we don't waste anything, and we never know when we'll be up next. I'll go into town with someone and get food, while you guys choose rooms. So, who's coming with me?" Noah explains, turning towards us.

I raise my hand. "I'll go with, to make sure you don't get all healthy stuff. Who knows what you athletes eat."

"You eat takeaway with us, you know what we eat," Noah points out and I wave him off. "Ok, well you guys get settled and we'll be back soon."

"Get us a good room!" I shout to Hannah before Noah and I walk out of the cabin. "Finally, I was close to throwing them both out of the car. This will be an interesting weekend."