♛Chptr. 42: Blazing Hearts in the Middle of the Rainstorm♛[F]

Start from the beginning

The shop was of pastel pink and white color, the walls decorated with cute paintings as flowers were placed on top of the tables since people could also eat there. Jimin had also once promised to bring his Seokjin-hyung there after he knew about Jin's love for the color pink. He might've come here for the first time since he never had the money to buy a cake but he was just so sure that Jin would enjoy it there.

"Good morning, young Sirs. What would you like if you won't mind me asking?" The teenager boy asked with a smile, his also pastel pink-colored apron wrapped around on his petite body. 

Jimin stared at the cakes with different flavors and decorations. And although everything is beautiful in his eyes, this one red velvet cake caught his attention. He beamed and flashed a smile to the boy before he pointed at the cake of his choosing.

"I'd like to take that one, please." The boy leaned down and grabbed the cake from the glass display before he placed it in front of the counter so he could start boxing it. After grabbing the right box for the cake as he finished securing it with a ribbon, he typed on the cash register and got his stares back at Jimin with the same smile he had first.

"That'll be $100, Sir." The cashier told and Jimin's eyes widened in utter shock. That was too expensive for him! 

Jungkook was just there on the side waiting for Jimin but when he noticed that Jimin was taking too long to respond, he knew the problem already. Without having any second thoughts, he fished out his wallet from his pocket and he handed his black card to the cashier. 

"Take my card, we won't pay in cash." The cashier took the card and worked on the receipt as Jimin blinked his eyes at Jungkook.

"Mr. Jeon you didn't have to--"

"It's not for you, Jimin. I want to buy something for your grandma anyways." Jungkook told sternly with a shrug, his gaze fixated on Jimin who was still wide-eyed surprised at what he just did.

"But even so, Mr. Jeon! I have money and I can buy it even if you--" Jimin was interrupted once again when Jungkook just pulled his arm out of the store with the box of cake in his hand.

Jimin felt bad because Jungkook had to buy it for his grandma. He feels bad, but at the same time, he somehow felt relieved since he didn't need to use that much money for the cake. His grandma would probably scold him if she knew.  

As they walk through the crowds once again, Jimin couldn't help but stare at his boss' back figure, Jungkook's hand still holding onto his left arm protectively. He was wondering on why Jungkook even tagged along in the first place. He just knew that this crowded place isn't something for Jungkook who obviously had never been into such place.

Suddenly, his thoughts broke when Jungkook's hand slid down until he felt his smaller hand get engulfed by Jungkook's bigger ones. He stared at their now clasped hands that Jungkook intertwined causing him to feel his heart to beat rapidly and his face to heat up. He was just staring at their hands in shock, not knowing why Jungkook would hold his hand like this.

"Erm... this place is too crowded. I don't want you troubling me if you ever get lost so just hold onto me until we get out of this market." Jungkook told as they passed through those people, his eyes never meeting Jimin and actually, Jimin was thankful that Jungkook didn't look back or else he would've run away embarrassed.

"I t-told you already... I've been gone for a year but I still know my hometown." Jimin argued with a pout and even though Jungkook couldn't see him, he was already imagining that look on Jimin's face since Jimin was whining once again. It caused him a low chuckle but he simply shakes his head as he continued dragging Jimin out of the smelly place.