Chapter 11: Find The Missing Friends

I trudged ahead into a town with my friends, after the fight we kept walking and so I'm still head to toe in goo. We stopped at a hotel in New York, it was small and old.

"Uhm, guys do we want two room one with two beds the other with one?" Addison asked while we started walking to the secretary.

"One room with two beds please," Clovis said with a wad of cash in his hand.

"Sure thing sir, that will be twenty dollars." The lady said and then Clovis handed her the cash.

"Room 613, here is you key, third floor." Clovis took the key and we walked away.

"Uh, Clovis there is three of us, there's only two beds?" I said with a confused face.

"There's always a couch that pulls out into a bed," Clovis says and leads us to the elevator. I press the up button and we wait for the door to open.

"Who's going to sleep on the couch?" Addison asks breaking the awkward silents.

"I will I don't care," I sleep in a chair every night at Thomas' house what could be worse than a couch? We go into the elevator and I press the button for the third floor.

As we reach the room Clovis opens the door and we file in. I set my backpack down and lay on the floor sprawled out.

"Wow, never seen you without energy." Clovis replies amazed.

"Don't get used to it, I will regenerate, adventure." I lay my head back down.

"Aqua why don't you take first shower since your covered in goo, besides you look exhausted." Addison says with sympathy for me.

"If that's okay with you guys I don't mind." I shrug and get up.

"We don't mind, just get a pair of clothes from you bag, there should be three sets of clothes in each bag." Clovis says lifting my bag up and opening it.

"Aqua whats thi-"

"Nothing," I cut him off and grab my backpack from him and rush into the bathroom. I shut the door and lean on it, I pulled out the photo.

I always kept a photo of my mom in my back pocket so I stuck it in my bag so it didn't get ruined. The photo was my mom before she dyed her hair brown, it was blond. In the photo her bright gray eyes were filled with excitement, I was standing next to her about seven years old. I was laughing with my mom as we were playing games in the treehouse.

The good times before, the monsters started, before mom made me hang out more with weird Tom. A small tear slid down my face as I thought of her but I quickly wiped it away and took my shower.

I got out and hid the photo under the things in my pack, I walked out and Addy got in the shower. I walked over to the window and opened the blinds a little.

It was gorgeous. The sun had set and the lights lit up the town like glowing orbs. After Clovis' shower they we went to bed, I laid on the couch with my friends in the other room sleeping. I let the darkness consume me as I felt how tired I really was.

~~~

"Mommy please don't go through with the wedding, you know he just uses you and beats you." I say through gritted teeth.

"Owl, it's going to be alright, you know deep down that I have to do this. I know your smart. I have to protect you and if that means marrying a pig I'll do it." Mom put her strong face on and then stood up.

"Mommy! I will save you from this pig one day I promise!" I held her leg and she bent down and picked me up.

"Owl, I need to fight my own battles, come on lets get some ice cream." She held my small five year old figure in her arms, with her beautiful golden locks falling past her shoulders.