The Earth King

Aya's POV

"I missed you more than you'll ever know, buddy."

It's only been an hour since we got Appa back and we haven't done anything but land on a small island that was a good distance around from the city. Aang has been latched onto his bison friend since we got him back and it's nice to see Aang so happy again. I haven't seen him this happy since I agreed to be his girlfriend.

Appa licks Aang and this causes Aang to chuckle as he falls to the ground.

"Look, we escaped from the Dai Li. We got Appa back. I'm telling you, we should go to the Earth King now and tell him our plan. We're on a roll." Sokka suggests.

"One good hour after weeks of trouble isn't much of a roll." Katara reasons.

"Sokka's got a point." I interjected, hopping off the rock I was sitting on. "We can build on it."

"Yeah. If we want to invade the Fire Nation when the eclipse happens, we'll need the Earth King's support." Sokka explained, looping his arm around my neck.

"What makes you think we'll get it?" Toph asked from her seat on the ground. "I don't know if you've noticed, but things don't usually go that smoothly for our little gang."

Because everyone's after Aang. I'm not blaming Aang I would never do that, it's just unfortunate that majority of the world wants to capture him.

"I know, but I've got a good feeling about this. This time will be different." Sokka remarks.

"Sokka, Long Feng and his son are in control of the city. Their conspiracy with the Dai Li is too powerful. I think we should just keep flying and leave this horrible place behind us." Katara suggests with a heavy frown.

"I'm with Sweetness. I've seen enough of Ba Sing Se." Toph raises her arms and opens her eyes wide. "And I can't even see!"

Aang leaps over to us. "But now that we have Appa back, there's nothing stopping us from telling the Earth King the truth. About the conspiracy and the War."

"See, Aang's with us." Sokka smiled wrapping his other arm around my boyfriend and the three of us grin.

"It's the whole reason we came here in the first place." I tell my sister and Toph. "We have to try."

Katara ponders the idea. "Well, I guess if the Earth King knew the truth, things could change."

This causes Aang, Sokka, and I grin lightly and Toph stands up.

"I don't trust the new positive Sokka." Toph mentions and points at Sokka. "Long Feng or Hung brainwashed you, didn't they?!"

Suddenly, Aang ran to the edge and looked out at the lake. I followed his gaze and saw three ships sailing the lake.

"That's probably the Dai Li searching for us." Sokka assumes as we run up to Aang and we look at Katara. "So?"

"Let's fly!"

All of us board Appa and took off. My siblings and Toph unfortunately had to ride bare back and it didn't look the most comfortable. I was up front with Aang because that's where I usually sit when we ride Appa.

"Can we please buy a new saddle? Riding bareback is terrifying!" Toph yells over to the fierce wind as we flew toward the Palace.

As we got closer, the Palace came into view and it was gigantic. It took over most of the Upper Ring.

"There it is." Sokka points. "That whole thing is the Palace. The Earth King's chamber should be in the center."

"We have to be careful. Long Feng and Hung probably warned the king that we're coming." Katara warned us.