The Chase

Aya's POV

"Hey! You guys picked a great campsite!" Toph prasied, wiggling her toes in the thick mat of fur that came off Appa. "The grass is so soft!"

I wasn't disgusted by the fur but I didn't enjoy it. It's nature, animals shed all the time.

"That's not grass." Sokka corrected, displeased. "Appa's shedding."

We made camp after flying for about a day after Aang and mine's date. Nothing is confirmed but Aang and I could be considered couple I believe.

Katara was disgusted and lifted her for up. "Oh, gross!"

"That's not gross." Aang protested and I looked up at the Airbender. He had animals surrounding him and was in a cheerful mood. "It's just a part of spring! You know, rebirth, flowers blooming and Appa gets a new coat."

"Ah, the beauty of spring." Katara sarcastically commented.

"It's nature." I pointed out. "Like Aang said, it's a part is spring."

Appa suddenly sneezes and releases a new coat of fur that lands on my sister.

Katara waved her arms out. "Stop! Appa, stop! Ugh!" She coughs with displeasure.

"It's not that bad, Katara!" Sokka spoke up before turning to us with a wig made out of fur on his head and I laughed softly at this. "It makes a great wig."

"And a great beard." Aang added with a fur beard covering his lower part of his face.

The boys laugh with one another and I giggle.

Katara didn't enjoy this and wiped the fur off her body. "Well, Aya and I are glad we finally have another girl in the group, because you two are disgusting. Right, Aya?"

I didn't pay attention to my sister because I was too busy making a fur coat out of Appa's fur.

I looked up and title my head. "What?"

She rolled her blue eyes at this. "Really, Aya?"

"What?" I shrugged. "It's not so bad."

"Excuse me, does anyone have a razor? Because I've got some hairy pits!" Toph interrupted, walking in between the boys and I. She raises her arms to reveal that she had stuffed her sleeves with fur.

The four of us laugh together. Aang sneezes and he slams against Appa and fur flies everywhere and we continue to laugh with joy.

Later that evening, we began to set up camp. All of us were busy at work, while Toph sat on her butt not doing anything.

I didn't care but Katara spoke up about the issue.

"So Toph, usually when setting up camp, we try to divide up the work." Katara informed our blind friend.

Toph shrugs, "hey, don't worry about me. I'm good to go."

"Well, actually what I'm trying to say is, some of us might fetch water, while someone else might set up the fire pit, or put up the tent." Katara explained and Momo flew to drop berries in Katara's hands. "Even Momo and Bubbles do their fair share."

Bubbles ran over to Sokka and handed him some sticks.

Toph didn't care and brushed off her suggestion. "Katara, I'm fine. I can carry my own weight. I don't need a fire, I've already collected my own food and look." Toph earthbended a tent over her head. "My tent's all sent up."

Katara was getting irritated. "Well, that's great for you, but we still need to finish-"

"I don't understand what's the problem here!" Toph exclaimed.