The Drill

Aya's POV

It's only been a few minutes since Aang left and I still haven't gotten over the fact that I'm his girlfriend. I'm so happy right now, but at the same time I feel guilty. I still need to tell him
about my firebending and this Fire Angel thing.

Interrupting my thoughts, we all saw Aang and Momo fly back over to us and land in front of us.

"Aang, what are you doing here? I thought you were looking for Appa." Katara asked him with surprise.

"I was, but something stopped me." Aang told me. "Something big."

We all went over to the wall and Aang and Toph used earthbending to transport us up the wall.

"Now what's so big that Appa has to wait?" Sokka questions.

"That." Aang pointed to a large, moving object in the distance. My eyes went wide when I spotted and I folded my arms. Just when everything was perfect, this happens to us.

The large object looked like a drill that was going to impail the wall and invade the city.

I think Aang noticed my downcast attitude and wrapped an arm around me.

"I thought everything was okay for right now." I sighed sadly, resting my head on his shoulder.

"I know." He mumbled and kissed my temple softly.

"We made it to Ba Sing Se, and we're still not safe. No one is." Ying cried with disparity and their family hugged.

"What are you people doing here?" We turned to see a guard had approached us. "Civilians aren't allowed on the wall."

Aang let me go and stepped forward determined. "I'm the Avatar. Take me to whoever's in charge."

The guard listened and took us over to the General who was sitting at a desk that was under a covered part of the bridge.

"It is an honor to welcome you to the outer wall young Avatar, but your help is not needed." The general informed Aang and this confused us.

Does he not see the giant drill driving toward the city?

"Not needed?" Aang asked.

"Not needed. I have the situation under control." The General smugly explained and I raised my eyebrow at him. "I assure you the Fire Nation cannot penetrate this wall. Many have tried to break through it, but none have succeeded."

The General rises and leads us back out to the open part of the bridge again. Aang gripped my hand tightly as we followed him and we noticed many soldiers standing by with multiple piles of rocks that were ready to be launched.

"What about the Dragon of the West? He got in." Toph protested.

The General was startled by her comment before speaking. "Well...uh...technically yes. But he was quickly expunged." Toph rolled her eyes at him. "Nevertheless, that is why the city is named Ba Sing Se. It's the impenetrable city. They don't call it Na Sing Se" He lets out a laugh before finishing. "That means penetrable city."

"Yeah, thanks for the tour, but we still got the drill problem." Toph reminded him.

The General peers over the ledge to look out at the drill. "Not for long. To stop it, I've sent an elite platoon of earthbenders called the Terra Team."

I don't think a bunch of elite earthbenders can penetrate a large, metal drill. The rocks would be useless against it, it wouldn't do any damage whatsoever.

"That's a good name, very catchy." Sokka commented, thoughtfully.

The General looks through a telescope to view what was happening. I couldn't tell what was exactly going on but I was able to see many earthbenders get knocked down.