Vol 5 Chap 164

XH 164

"Doctor Bai, will you be staying long in the Guilin Kingdom? We would like to extend an invitation to you and Miss Bai to Our second son's wedding in one month's time," the Emperor invited.

"I've come here to spend time with my apprentice. If I'm still here when the date of the happy event arrives, I will naturally be happy to accept the invitation and join the celebration."

The Emperor laughed and rubbed his beard. "Then We will have to ask Long Zhu to treat you so well that you will be reluctant to leave so soon."

Doctor Bai joined in the laughter. One laughed in a manly and rough manner while another laughed like a piece of gentle background music.

This beautiful scene reminded Xiao Hua that Doctor Bai was a good danmei material! Sadly, Doctor Bai was now her new father, and she truly does not wish to imagine steamy scenes of her 'father'.

However, there might be chemistry between Doctor Bai and Duan XiYing! There might even be a relationship in making already! If it was them, she truly wishes them happiness.

For a brief moment, Xiao Hua had entertained the idea of collecting more affection from Doctor Bai, but it was just impossible realistically. He has no affection for her other than being his apprentice's future wife. The idea of gaining affection points came from the Korean web novels Le XiaoTing had read about transmigrated daughter working hard to please their tyrannical father just to save their small life!

For twenty-seven years, Le XiaoTing had not missed her late father mostly thanks to her mother giving her all her attention. She had not even dated any man, and as a daughter, she felt it was too awkward to ask about her mother's love life. Now that she died and transmigrated, leaving her mother alone, she was a little regretful of her cowardice of not encouraging her mother to find new love.

The point was, after reading those novels where the daughters had succeeded in taming their fathers and then indulged themselves with blissful pampering, Le XiaoTing felt jealous and longed to experience it. Those feelings made her hate her own self for being weak. As a solution to dissolve that feeling, she decided to stay away from those types of novels and immerse herself in heroine face slapping green tea stories.

But who would have thought that Xiao Hua would suddenly be adopted by this perfect father material, tempting her and threatened to unbury her hidden desire?

"We have received a report from Long Zhu. He had managed to handle the problem in the border and will be returning in a few days." The Emperor shared the good news generously.

Xiao Hua's eyes brighten upon hearing the good news. Her boyfriend will be back soon! On second thought, Doctor Bai can shift his attention elsewhere. Xiao Hua was not a greedy person and can survive with only the Third Prince's affections!

Doctor Bai smiled. "That's a piece of good news."

"The matter of Chiang An country trying to invade South Guilin Village? They seem rather impatient. It was only two years ago they made the last attempt," Long Yuen commented.

"We have a way to solve it," The 20th Emperor said defensively. "Their plan will not succeed."

Although the Four Kingdoms have a good relationship with each other, it does not mean that all smaller countries located between their Four Kingdoms were under their command. Munzhu Country was one of those small countries. But they recently have an alliance with the Guilin Kingdom, so Guilin does not need to be overly wary that Munzhu Country would send armies to attack their border.

"Will you be staying as well, Long Yuen?" Doctor Bai asked, trying to avoid the father and son from arguing again. He knew they will need to clear the air between them and let the past go, but today was not the right time yet.

"I can postpone my travels until later. It's been a while since I last return." It was also quite some time he had not seen his favorite grandson. Long Yuen hoped he grew manlier than before and get rid of his feminine attributes.

"If Your Majesty does not mind this daughter being annoying, I can accompany you to sightsee around the place to see what had changed around the country and have the Guilin Kingdom's best dishes prepare for Your Majesty to indulge," The Empress offered sweetly.

"I can't wait for it!" The 19th Emperor immediately agreed. "Ah, I miss the food here the most! It's still our homeland's food I'm used to."

Even if Doctor Bai and the Empress being happy with Long Yuen's stay, that does not mean the 20th Emperor was too! But he swallowed back his protest for he does not wish for his father to avoid returning to Guilin if he sounded as if he was trying to chase him out.

"Our son Long Zhu had never spoken about your identity, merely praising your strength, not allowing Us to thank you for accepting him as your apprentice. We hope he had not caused trouble for you," The Emperor said.

Doctor Bai shook his head in negative. "He is only an eight-year-old boy when he apprenticed under me. I never fault him for missing home and he had earnestly studied under me so he can go home sooner. His talent allowed him to learn quickly and he is the most talented student I have."

"How admirable you are Doctor Bai, to have plenty of apprentices and yet dedicated to each of them, helping them to strive and learn from your wide experience. Even We are not that dedicated to Our son's education."