Vol 2 Chap 55- Are you capable of keeping a secret?

XH 55

"After the New Year celebration is over, I will bring you to meet a person. Perhaps the answer you seek will be answered."

"The answer that I'm looking for?" Hope surged high in her heart. There was only one answer she was seeking that the Third Prince knew of. "I can return home?"

All the books that the Eighth Prince and Third Prince had found that were related to crossing different worlds never mentioned about them returning back to their world. The only thing recorded was their long list of contributions to society and how they arrived in this world.

'Visit a historical site'.

'Enter a forbidden forest'.

'Chant a wrong spell'.

'Teleportation artifact broke down'.

"It's just a small possibility. You should not place too much hope on it." If Xiao Hua clings onto that hope too much, it might crush her spirit if that hope ended up unable to be achieved.

She nodded but her eyes were glazed, already thinking the possibility of her returning to her original world now that she was given hope. Her heart would not be at ease if she did not see how her mother was doing. She would not be so worried about her if there were maternal relatives still in the world of the living.

"Who is that person?" Xiao Hua asked curiously.

The Third Prince stared at her doubtfully. "Are you capable of keeping a secret?"

"Third Prince, I can keep a secret!" Although she was annoyed that her capabilities were being questioned, she restrained her glare and chooses to sulk instead.

"I can't tell you so easily even if you are capable of keeping it a secret. That's why I decide to give you a test to make things fair for both of us. If you pass it, I will let you know who that person is. If you fail it, you will do one thing for this prince."

"Wait, why would I need to do one thing for you if I lose?" Xiao Hua asked with incredulity.

"You could choose not to take the test at all," the Third Prince offered kindly.

"Okay, I won't take that test," Xiao Hua immediately gave her answer.

Why would she take a test just to know who that person is? She will know who it was after the New Year celebration anyway! Xiao Hua was not an overly curious person.

The Third Prince gently placed Xiao Hua down on a chair. Then he turned his face away and turned into an unmoving mute. He continues being so until Xiao Hua could no longer stand being ignored in such an obvious and childish manner. Xiao Hua tried to coax him to say something and even poured him the ready-made tea in her new bedroom, but he just ignored her, his whole attention on drinking the tea.

"What do you want me to do?" Xiao Hua finally relented. His word of letting her opt-out was a lie after all!

"You agree to take the test?" the Third Prince immediately regained his voice.

Xiao Hua wanted to answer 'depends' but that might just make him mute again. Honestly, she wondered if the Third Prince gave her random tasks just to made her accept the punishment if she failed.

But she was weak towards this man that had treated her so well when she was just a maid with average looks that would not bring benefit to him. "Alright, I...I will take the test."

The Third Prince's sulking immediately disappeared as if it had never existed in the first place, immediately replaced with a happy smile. His phoenix shaped eyes seemed to send signals that encourage Xiao Hua to helplessly misinterpret their meaning.