Vol 3 Chap 85 - Don't fall in love with my beautiful face

XH 85 - Don't fall in love with my beautiful face

The trio returned to their seats just in time before the Emperor and Empress arrive. Everyone stood up and paid their respects and sat back down when the Emperor permitted them.

The place was crowded as every fifth-ranked ministers and above was invited to join the celebration. Their family members were invited as well, except for the concubine born children.

Yet Liu Chu Chu was the exception to that expectation, as she was the Second Prince's future princess consort as well as the Miracle Doctor Bai's apprentice.

As Liu Chu Chu had publicly broken ties with her family members for wrongly accusing her of murdering her legitimate born elder sister, she was allowed to share the Second Prince's table. For today's festive event, she dressed in a bright red dress that resembled a wedding dress. As she always wears red, there was no longer anyone that was shocked by how she dressed.

Her innocent looking face was extremely lovable today, and the Second Prince seems to agree with that too for he was always caught staring at his future consort with a smitten smile on his face.

The Eighth Prince suddenly understood why Xiao Hua said that the Second Prince was rather cheesy.

After the Emperor finished the annual sacrificial ceremony to the Gods, the next event began. The representative from smaller countries inside the Guilin Kingdom will have to presents their gift to the Guilin Emperor one by one.

Long Zhu lazily, yet charmingly eats the prepared snacks that were displayed on his table. A cup filled with tea on his table had gone cold and a serving maid glanced at it worriedly for the Third Prince had not drunk even a sip of it.

The poor serving maid thought that there was something wrong with the tea but the Third Prince was actually spoiled by Xiao Hua's tea. He could no longer drink the teas that were not brewed by Xiao Hua.

Fortunately, An Jing had foreseen it and made an appropriate backup plan. An Wan, the only inner maid that followed the Third Prince into the palace, discreetly took away the cold tea and replaced it with a new cup of tea.

"Your Highness, this tea is personally brewed by Elder Sister Hua this morning."

Without any reluctance, he picked up the cup and took a sip. With just a sip, Long Zhu could confirm it was indeed brewed by Xiao Hua.

The serving maid that had witnessed the whole interaction feels a little insulted. She was one of the Empress' second-ranked maids and was personally tasked to serve the Third Prince today. The tea was personally brewed by her, with one of the best tea leaves in the Guilin Kingdom. Yet the Third Prince did not even taste it and only paid attention to the snacks on the table.

The serving maid could feel the phantom slap on her face when the Third Prince's maid removed her tea and replaced it with hers. She feels another phantom slap on her cheek when the Third Prince drank it and did not stop his maid to keep on refilling it. The snacks were discarded at aside, no longer worthy of his attention.

"This King is here to visit Guilin's Emperor with gifts for the New Year." A deep, smoky voice of a man with forceful presence caught everyone's attention and the silent whispering died down to watch the show. He had waited until everyone had presented their gift before presenting his.

They were surprised that the King of Munzhu would personally come to greet the Guilin's Emperor. The rumors of his bad temper and his hatred towards the royal families were well known to anyone interested.

The King of Munzhu was not as handsome as the Second Prince, but he was the masculine one among the two. There was something wild under his polite smokescreen and it was actually what most elder ladies would go crazy about. His hair looked rough and untamed, matching the wild look in his eyes.