Vol 4 Chap 120

XH 120

During their carriage ride back to the manor, the Third Prince told her that General Tang and Ping Shui had fled from the Second Prince and was currently hiding in the Summer Courtyard. Even if Long Lian had changed the courtyard's name, everyone was used to the old and convenient name.

Tian Chi had healed their physical wounds and their mental fatigue would be healed as long as they take the time to rest. Using her inner energy to heal was pretty rare and useful in this world, but it could not be compared to the heroine's cheat, which was the spring water that could heal any injury, even neutralizing the strongest poison in the world. But Heise had not written if the spring water could regrow a limb back.

When they finally returned to the Third Prince's residence from the palace, An Jing and An Wan were waiting for them at the gates.

"Welcome back, Master. Welcome back, Elder Sister Hua."

"Yes, I'm back, Sister An Jing, Sister An Wan," Xiao Hua replied their greeting.

"Your Highness, Grand Tutor Ping wishes to speak to you. He had returned from the mountains and had arrived earlier to visit Madam Ping Shui. Right now he's at Summer Courtyard, waiting for the master to return to discuss the matter," An Jing informed.

The Third Prince nodded. "I will meet with him now. Xiao Hua, go and have some rest before night meal."

Xiao Hua nodded obediently. "Yes." She needed some time alone to reflect on her behaviour. The guilt of making the Empress angry until she fainted finally surfaced!

The Third Prince rubbed her head. "Don't think too much about it. Mother Empress isn't a weak person."

Xiao Hua tried her best to school her face to calmness. Is her face that easy to read?

To her surprise, An Wan accompanied the Third Prince to meet with Grand Tutor Ping. Turning to An Jing curiously, she received a gentle smile from the elder woman.

"Elder Sister Hua, I've prepared snacks and tea for you to enjoy in Spring Courtyard."

Xiao Hua smiled. "Thank you, Sister An Jing. Will you join me?"

"I would love to."

So... An Jing wants to talk to her?

Following An Jing to Spring Courtyard, she saw Tian Zi standing under the pavilion with snacks and tea ready on the table. When Xiao Hua saw what was today's dessert, she could already feel her saliva gathering and threatening to escape from her mouth.

Egg tarts! And they were not small-sized and the egg custard was more than the pastry!

Le XiaoTing loves egg tarts very much and often eats them when she was younger. But the shop that sold the delicious egg tarts had closed down a few years ago. She did found egg tarts in other shops but the taste was still not as tasty as she used to eat during her childhood.

It might be her memory making the egg tarts from her childhood more delicious than in reality, but she still could not accept how tasteless the egg custard tasted from most shops. Her favourite was Portuguese egg tart, as the pastry was crispy and there was more egg custard filling.

She had not thought that egg tarts would already exist in this era! Perhaps she should not use the historical record in her original world to compare to this world as she found some items already exist in this era when it should only have been created in her original world years later.

Easily noticing the eagerness in Xiao Hua's eyes, An Jing smiled softly. "Please take a seat, Elder Sister Hua. Have a cup of tea to moisturize your throat."