Vol 5 Chap 144

XH 144

"It's the 19th Emperor that returned from his travel," Duan XiYing answered. "He brought along his friend, Doctor Bai."

The news of them traveling to the Guilin Kingdom had Duan XiYing quickly wrote a fast letter to the Third Prince using Da An as a messenger, leaving Da Bei to watch over Xiao Hua. Tian Zi had to return to the Third Prince's manor for a moment to keep in touch with Steward Lau Zheng about the household matters.

Who would have thought it was right at that moment the Emperor would suddenly visit the Empress and claimed that she was cheating on him with Xiao Hua!

Those servants that had followed the Emperor and Empress since their early years of marriage knew that the Emperor would get a scolding from the Empress, but the arrival of the 19th Emperor and Doctor Bai had the servants lost one of their high-grade entertainments.

The number of times the hot-headed couple argued with each other could not be counted.

Fortunately, they were sensible enough to keep their fights in private and showed a united front outside their personal chamber.

After years of marriage, their arguments had lessened considerably, much to the servants' relief. It might be entertaining to watch their fights, but the process of them making up was embarrassing for the servants to witness.

"Wait, could Doctor Bai come here because of the letter?" Xiao Hua asked with concern.

She had fully expected Doctor Bai would reply a letter with a big 'No' written on it, but strangely he told Duan XiYing to return and said he would reply to the Third Prince himself.

Could he be here to examine Xiao Hua?

"Should we run away now?" Xiao Hua asked fearfully. The Emperor does not like her and almost tempted to order his guards to throw her into the prison or just kill her to save the mess. And now Doctor Bai was here and possibly to scrutinize all her imperfections so that he would have excuses to decline to adopt Xiao Hua as his foster daughter.

Duan XiYing shook her head. "Nothing will happen to Xiao Hua. XiYing and Da Bei will handle them all~"

You mean using violence to handle them, right? (눈_눈)

It was the smell of delicious food that signaled Tian Zi's arrival with their afternoon meal.

"You've returned, Sister Tian Zi!" Xiao Hua cheered. The more strong peoples were around her, the safer she felt.

"Fortunately there's nothing big happening and Steward Lau can handle them, so I returned earlier." She placed the tall stacked meal boxes onto the table, removing the lids, and joked. "The Empress would not be joining, so Elder Sister Hua is stuck eating with us."

"I actually prefer eating with you all," Xiao Hua confessed, feeling a little embarrassed. "Don't tell this to the Empress or she will punish me."

"Her Highness would not punish you. The most Elder Sister Hua would get is just a scolding." Tian Zi giggled.

Everyone knows Xiao Hua had managed to get along well with the Empress after four months of seeing each other every day, which was requested by the Empress herself. The Empress wanted to know more about Xiao Hua, willing to try to accept her son's choice, even if she doubted his choice. They could not be considered as friends, but the Empress no longer treated her in a hostile manner.

As for Xiao Hua, she does not mind spending time with the Empress, who was actually not as bad as Le XiaoTing's boss' mother. That madam was far from rational. Arrogant and have the mind-set that she deserves nothing but the best, including her son. Her demands for him to be the best in wealth and smarts had him avoid her as much as possible. Le XiaoTing truly sympathized with her boss.