Vol 2 Chap 44

XH 44

Xiao Hua would have preferred to hear 'I'm sorry' from the Third Prince but it was impossible to have a prince to apologize to a servant.

It bothered Le XiaoTing, who had always received an apology from those that had done something wrong to her. No matter how high your position was, or how noble your family name was, as long as you did anything wrong, they need to face their wrongdoings and apologize to the victims. That was what Le XiaoTing firmly believed.

Even that boss of hers was forced to apologize to her when he had borrowed her one and only personal laptop without asking for her permission for a five days business trip. For five days, she had been like a drug addict, suffering novel withdrawals. That happened before she got the courage to read novels using the workplace's computer!

She had used her laptop to read machine translated Chinese web novel. She had the Google machine translation add-on in her laptop but her mobile phone hates the add-on Google machine translation and often not working right. During that moment, she was chasing after the novel written by Heise, the author of the novel she had transmigrated into.

In fact, that novel was one of the few Chinese novels that she could still tolerate to read using machine translation was because they used simple Chinese characters. Actually, she was quite surprised that she could understand Heise's novel despite written in a historical setting, where flowery words or idioms being used would be killed by the machine translation.

That just showed how simple and straight to the point Heise's words were!

Xiao Hua could no longer stay angry at the Third Prince. His words had indirectly told her that he was sorry, or else why would he bother to explain his actions to her?

She could not hear what he had continued to say, because she feels as if her heart had been injected with sweetness and her mind was fuzzy as if trapped inside cotton. Her fingers squeezed his hand that was still in her grip, stopping his words.

His eyes stared at their hands but she did not release her grip, as her brain no longer worked properly to warn her about improper conduct for this time period. She was busy trying to arrange her words to fully convey her thoughts.

"Your Highness," Xiao Hua smiled. "This servant understands Your Highness' actions after you had kindly explained it."

Long Zhu found himself mesmerized by her smile. It was not the awkward or timid smile he usually saw on her tiny face. It was also not the patient smile she usually reserved for Long Lian's gossips.

This smile was filled with understanding for him. He had never seen this kind of smile directed to him before. He had seen respect, trust, and fear, but never understanding.

He discovered he liked it a lot.

Xiao Hua nearly let out a yelp when the Third Prince rubbed her head as if one does to a pet but she found that she liked it. Does it not mean that she was loved when she received head pats?

"Xiao Hua is a good girl."

"Your Highness, this is not appropriate!" Xiao Hua quickly puts some distance between them, feared that she would get addicted to head pats.

The Third Prince feel a little hurt from her reaction. Did she dislike his touch that much?

"Are you able to complete the task given?"

He had entertained the thought to send Xiao Hua far away from him, somewhere she would be safe, but he would be worried about her if she was not by his side where he can see her. But if Xiao Hua was to remain by his side, she will need to learn some self-defense arts.