Vol 5 Chap 141

XH 141

Liu Chu Chu gave Xin Ren a kind smile as she fixed her jaw by giving her a cup of spring water. "I'm glad you are alright."

Naturally, the Second Prince received the word that Xin Ren had been caught and tortured in the prison. When they heard that she had spilled their plan of killing the Third Prince's favourite maid with the Empress as a scapegoat, they were very angry. But they were not anxious as they could claim the maid was making trouble for them and any interaction they had with Xin Ren before she was hired as the Empress' maid was covered up.

But Xin Ren redeemed herself by keeping her mouth shut after being imprisoned, revealing nothing more. However, the golden couple knew that letting this be would be dangerous and planned to send someone in to silence Xin Ren.

After one month, their man in the palace managed to get close to the target and ready to start the main plan, but Xin Ren surprised them by escaping from the prison and appeared at their residence backdoor, pleading to meet Liu Chu Chu.

"I'm always loyal to you, mistress!" Xin Ren exclaimed with tears leaking down her face. Her voice was rough thanks to a month of screaming when she was suffered torture. "I wanted to kill myself, but they make sure I couldn't! I failed you, mistress!"

Liu Chu Chu patted Xin Ren's shoulder sympathetically. "You did not fail me. Calm down and tell me, how you manage to escape?"

Xin Ren wiped her tears and proceeds to tell them everything. "The Empress had me drink something to speed up my recovery so that she can send me to South Guilin Village! It's truly is wonderful! After drinking it, I healed faster than usual! Here... I took it with me!"

She handed the bamboo tube that she had hidden inside her front robe to Liu Chu Chu with an expression filled with anticipation. Fortunately, the bamboo tube was covered, or else her enthusiastic movement would spill out the content.

Liu Chu Chu did not take it and shifted her eyes to someone behind her.

A male servant with black cloth wrapped around his eyes took the bamboo tube for Liu Chu Chu's behalf, remove the lid, and held it under his nose to sniff the contents. "There's no poison, but it seems to contain energy that is beneficial for energy-boosting but it will need to be taken in the long term to be effective. I do not know if there are any side effects from drinking it."

Liu Chu Chu held out a hand to take the bamboo tube and dripped some of it onto her palm, subtly letting it flow down onto her wrist where her spatial dimensional bracelet was worn at.

'Fu Chou, can you sense what is this liquid?'

'Like what your little doggy said. I could not sense anything more than that.'

"You said this came from the Third Prince?" Liu Chu Chu asked Xin Ren.

"That is what this servant heard," Xin Ren answered as Long Shan entered the room.

"Chu 'Er, it's getting late. Could this not wait till tomorrow?" Long Shan frowned. His little wife had not slept much lately with her dealing with so many matters for him. He had told her he could handle them, but she stubbornly insisted to help him. Her stubborn desire to help him was so adorable and it warmed his heart, making him unable to refuse her help so he let her be and secretly make sure she did not overwork.

Liu Chu Chu raised her chin at her fiancé. "Then you go and sleep first."

Long Shan ignored her words and stared at the bamboo tube in her hand. "What is this?"

"Xin Ren said this water belongs to the Third Prince and can help in boosting one's strength."

Long Shan stared at the bamboo tube thoughtfully. "I heard that lately, Long Zhu would only drink the tea he brought personally from his residence and refused to drink other teas. He would always look intoxicated while drinking it. Perhaps it's the same tea you are holding onto."