Vol 5 Chap 145

XH 145

With a lotus bun in one hand and another chewing in her mouth, Xiao Hua makes her way to Long Lian's courtyard, guided by the map drawn by Tian Zi. In her judgment, Long Lian would be the one in more danger. Heise was older than Long Lian and was experienced with the dangers in a relationship if what he said about him having plenty of exes could be trusted.

Beautiful and slowly blooming Long Lian was just an innocent girl. It was proved to be an irresistible allure as a certain hungry wolf noticed her one day decided he wanted to eat red riding hood! Or else why would he court Long Lian?

Xiao Hua will be the hunter, scaring the big bad wolf away with her whip!

"It's all because of her that everyone is wary of us, maidservants!"

"Quiet down Ben Li! She is a princess consort now and not someone we can offend or bad mouth about."

Two female voices were coming ahead of her around the rounding corner. It was an automatic reaction when she chooses to plaster herself over the wall, trying to hide and keep the angry people's line of fire away from her.

But the two maids did not continue walking, allowing Xiao Hua to hide and listen to their chatter longer.

"Do you see how Minister Yan's wife looked at us? It was as if she was waiting for us to seduce her husband when an opportunity arises! Who would want to seduce that lump of meat that's covered with disgusting sweat? I will rather seduce other princes than that pig!"

"Ben Li!"

But Ben Li's fire was burning away, no longer able to die down until it finishes burning! "Yao Si, I don't know how you can still be her friend when she ruined our respectable image! What would happen when everyone no longer wants to hire maidservants? We will have nowhere to go!"

Xiao Hua slowly inched herself closer and peeked over the corner, curious about how they looked like. There was no sympathy in her for them because she does not feel guilty to receive the Third Prince's kindness and affection for her. She might feel bad for those innocent maids, but Le XiaoTing honestly thought those young masters should be wary of beautiful maids. They were sly and opportunist, eager to do almost anything to climb up in the social ladder.

That was what Le XiaoTing concluded after reading plenty of paragraphs of heroine slapping maid cannon fodder's face for seducing her hubby!

"Hghsf?" Her eyes immediately landed on something white hovering at mid-air instead on the two maidservants. Her bun that was in her mouth dropped onto the ground with a soft plop, for she was gaping in shock upon seeing the most futuristic thing in this world for the first time.

A floating white Rubik cube was rotating around with two round black dots working as its eyes and a matching black dot as its mouth. It seems to be following the two chattering maidservants with meal boxes in their hands.

"The Fourth Prince and Fourth princess consort fell in love with each other. That's why they had gotten married. It's not her fault that this happened."

Ben Li sighed noisily. "I've heard the same thing more than a thousand times. They say they love each other but is that the truth? The Fourth Prince might love Chen Miao, but is she really?"

"Ben Li-"

"I don't care about it anymore, but I dislike how we are treated! It's annoying to be suspected of something I did not do!"

"It will pass, Ben Li."

"Oh, it was supposed to, but not anymore when it was the Third Prince's turn to fall for his maid, and our treatment gotten worse! What is wrong with the princes? They should be marrying noble ladies or princesses! And that shameless maid! To dare seduce the Third Prince and not aware of her own position! The marriage of Fourth Prince and Chen Miao had corrupted other maids' thinking!"