Vol 5 Chap 150

XH 150

A delicate-looking eight-year-old boy clothed in black sulkily dragged his tired short legs to follow behind his paternal grandfather up a mountain.

Fortunately, the mountain tracks were not hard to climb, or else it would be taxing. They had been walking for days and he was getting tired, but his pure stubbornness and bitterness clinging over him helped him to silently endure it all. Fortunately, they did stop for mealtimes, but even so, the duration was lesser than an hour.

His Imperial mother quickly passed him to his Imperial grandfather after discovering he tried to kill the cruel man that was still a boy now. No matter how innocent that boy was presently it did not change the fact that he was still heading straight down the path to destroy the Long family.

It was five days ago when Long Zhu woke up in fear and bitterness but when he noticed where he was currently, he was so happy to be given a second chance to make things right this time. But now his plan was disrupted by his own mother, who immediately consulted with grandfather. That was how the idea of sending him far away to learn from his grandfather's friend came from.

He does not need lessons. He only needed to kill Long Shan and his irrational Liu Chu Chu to keep his family safe.

But right now he was just an eight-year-old little prince, with no power or strength. In the past, he had not bothered to cultivate seriously, preferring to study instead, and so his body strength was extremely lacking.

It was a late night with a full moon high up, lightning up their path. They finally stopped when they reached the top of the mountain and Long Zhu could spot an average-sized wooden house that screamed commoner life in the middle of the large space. That sight immediately dropped his evaluation of the new teacher.

There was a person who was waiting for them in front of a large field of plants, with his back facing them. His long, black as ink hair was teased by the wind and the moonlight cast over his body, giving him a glowing, dreamlike appearance.

"Bai Chuan! I've brought my favourite grandson to meet you!" The 19th Emperor of Guilin announced with an energetic voice, shattering the quiet and peaceful feeling that surrounded the mountain. For someone in his sixties, his youth was still burning fiercely alike to a young adult.

With a turn of his face, Long Zhu could see this man was the most stunning person he had ever met. Not even his mother, whom he firmly believed to be the most beautiful woman, could win against him.

"Long Yuen," Doctor Bai greeted calmly, already used to his long-time friend's animated greetings.

When he shifted to look at Long Zhu, his bright eyes showed tenderness, which surprised him. It was as if this man knew him before, which was impossible.

"The dragon's pearl," Doctor Bai mused. "It's a name that fits you well."

Long Zhu frowned darkly. "How so?" He asked rudely.

He had heard what people said about his name behind his back, about how feminine it was, and how it matched his feminine appearance. He never minded about his looks that he had gotten from his Mother Empress, but after listening to the sickening words the evil duo had told him before forcing him to drink poison as an act of mercy killing, he grew to hate his appearance.

'This face of yours is seductive and drove one to infatuation. You are so used to making use of your face and feeble character to appeal to people to pity you.' Liu Chu Chu sneered. 'Pity, I hate people like you the most, who willingly stays lazy and use people to your benefits.'

Those words stung his heart, for he had been using his face to survive and remain underestimated. He had thought no one would want to harm him if he was submissive, but it does not matter in the end.