Piper pulled out her phone, "Neo said that practice is over and that they'll meet us at the spot." We all got off my bed and started heading downstairs. I haven't spoken to other girls about myself in so long. They were either rude or I was too anxious to let anyone else in.

"Mom, I'll be back by ten," I said as Celia went out to heat up the car. As I started out the door Piper stopped me and said, "Hey, I'm sorry about what I said about you moping. I get it now," she seemed earnest.

"Pfft, no it's fine. I was moping around though, and I still am a little. You two made me feel better and I think we did the same for Celia."

We heard a honk from Celia's car. When we looked through the door, we saw her waving her hand for us to come on.

 When we looked through the door, we saw her waving her hand for us to come on

We went to a local arcade/diner in our town called Patchy's. Dad and Denny used to take me here when I was younger. I hadn't stepped foot in there in years. It had some obvious remodels, like the lights, chalkboards, a pool table, and the brick walls in the back looked cleaner somehow. It felt transformed into a teen hangout opposed to the family diner characteristic of my childhood.

"This is the spot," Celia said putting both her arms out on the sides of her.

"The boys will be here soon." We sat down in one of the circular booths on the northeastern side of the diner area. Celia sat in the middle with Piper and me on opposite sides of her.

"Daya, I totally forgot to ask you about Brian. What's the story there," Piper trilled out his name.

"It's no biggie. He...uh saw me at the park and we talked a little bit. He made me feel really comfortable and we just talked. I had never seen him in my neighborhood before. I was really upset and he went out of his way to help me even though we didn't know each other."

"Do you like him?" Piper asked expeditiously and very abruptly.

I was so not used to being around someone with Piper's personality.
"Well, you know he's cute, but with everything going on with... I want some time to myself."

"He's such a good guy and I think he really likes you. Give it some time and see where it goes," I leaned my head back and started playing with my hair, a little nervous tendency of mine.

"I thought he had a thing going on with Michy," Celia gave a perplexed look.

"I'm pretty sure they still do. So, I guess you have some friendly competition, Daya. Do you know her?"

"Oh yeah, she and my brother Dennis just broke up. I didn't think she would move on so quickly," the break up happened that same week. He was cheating on her so I guess I could understand if she was texting someone else.

"They aren't together or anything, but she told me that they were talking. I'm sure it was after the break-up," Celia tried to smooth over the situation.