A Classroom in Tren

Start from the beginning

People immediately started moving around and speaking over each other trying to find group members.
Stella wiggled her brows at me suggestively.

"What do you say, genius?"
I rolled my eyes but smiled.

"Fine but you at least have to help write the report this time."

She waved me off. "Sure, sure."
We always did projects like this together. Of course I always did most of the work and Stella always did the presenting part.

If there was one thing Stella was confident about, it's that people enjoyed looking at her.

We didn't have to look for other group mates like everyone else. They usually came to us.

"Hello Amara, hey Stella." Troy, one of our classmates spoke as he walked towards us. He was one of quieter and shy members of our year.

I smiled at him but Stella didn't pay him any attention. "Hello Troy." I responded.

He blushed. "Do you guys mind if I join your-"

Troy was cut off when a hand rested on his shoulder and practically shoved him away.

"Get lost, Troy, this group is already full."

Two tall dark haired guys had walked up to us.
The taller of the two grinned at us.

"Hey ladies, long time no see."

I immediately noticed that they both rocked the little Phoenix badges declaring them part of the army.

"Hey Stephen, hey Mishal." Stella sung, twirling her locks between her fingers.

I folded my arms across my chest and glared at them.

"You know you guys didn't have to do that. There's still room for one more person in our group."

"Yep. And that person is Flint." Stephen spoke before chasing away the two people sitting behind us and taking their place.

I rolled my eyes as Stella started flirting with the guys. She never could resist a good looking soldier.

That reminded me of something that had been bothering me, Flint wasn't in class today.

And neither was Kai... To my irritation.

What were the chances that neither of them were in class today. They couldn't be together, right?

The thought really infuriated me.

Most of the people who joined the army dropped out of school immediately... Well in some cases, the popular kids like Stephen and Mishal came back to show off their new statuses.

Kai wasn't really my friend. She was more of Stella's friend, most of the so called 'attractive girls' stuck together.

But we had never had problems. We were cordial at the most. But close enough for her to know how much Flint meant to me.

Everyone knew how much Flint meant to me.

The only reason I even hang out with the so called popular kids is because of Flint. The fire bending kids are usually deemed 'popular by default'. Of course no one but my parents and Flint knew about my secret fire bending skills so I obviously wasn't qualified for the group by that criteria. But Flint obviously was. Good looking, athletic and a firebender? He was practically their leader.

Growing up, everyone we met always assumed that Flint and I were a couple. And when Flint and I got closer and closer and he started announcing to everyone that I would be his wife one day, I automatically became more acquainted with his friends. They weren't so bad once you got to know them.