A bedroom in Tren

I woke up to snoring.

Obnoxious and loud snoring.

Pam always told me that the hardest part of being married to Flint would always be the snoring. He practically shook up the whole house. No lie,this boy's snoring could cause an earthquake.

it was a wonder how no one had bothered to come up and check what all the noise was about.

Oh no.

My eyes widened and I shot up in bed shoving Flint in the process.

I heard him groan and stir but all he managed to do was turn the other way and cuddle up closer to my pillow.

Yes, on top of the snoring, he had robbed me of my pillow.

"Flint, I nudged him again."

"Five more minutes, mother." He muttered.

I rolled my eyes. "Flint, I'm not Pam and you need to wake up!" I shook him more forcefully.

Flint turned onto his back and let his eyes flutter open. He grinned lazily when he saw me.

"Well hello beautiful. If only you knew how long I've been waiting to wake up next to you."

I couldn't help but notice how handsome he looked as usual. Even just waking up with his hair resembling a birds nest. That mischievous glint in his eyes only made him look more youthful.

"Flint, stop fooling around, you need to get up and get out of here before Christine or Terrence see you."

I didn't even want to know what would happen if my father or worse still my mother found Flint here asleep in my bed.

Flint yawned and stretched his arms before sitting up and resting his back on the wall.

"I honestly think you have far more serious things to worry about than Christine and Terrence finding me in your room, Mar."

I was furious that he wasn't taking me seriously.

"Far more serious things? Like wha - oh." Realisation hit me like a tonne of bricks.

"Goodmorning your majesty." Flint teased.

"Oh." I spoke softly before leaning back against the wall with Flint and passing a hand through my hair.

"Yesterday was all real, wasn't it?" I spoke as if just realising it myself.

"Yes it was." Flint spoke quietly beside me.

I tucked my feet to my chest.

"And here I was hoping it was all just a dream." I spoke letting out a humourless laugh.

"Wow." Flint spoke, his tone implied that he wasn't happy.

I started to wonder what all that was about until I noticed the gold band on my left hand.

"Flint, come on. You know I didn't mean that part."

He smiled at me but I could tell it was forced. "Sure."

He turned and threw his legs off the bed but I grabbed his arm before he could move.

"Hey, what's going on. Why are you acting this way? Did something change overnight? What am I missing?"

It was weird. The scariest thing about the news I uncovered yesterday wasn't even the fact that I was to rule a whole nation. What scared me the most was how the people closest to me would react.

Would Mama and Papa have to stop treating me like their daughter? Would Stella start acting weird around me?

But most importantly, would the gravity of this newly discovered fact change Flint's feelings for me?