A Girl, a Guy and a Web of Lies [Chapter 10]

Start from the beginning

"I think it was while you were sleeping or in the shower, considering how much warm water you left for me," said Luca with his voice drenched in amusement.

Anika whirled around and looked at him in shock. He looked like he just got out of the shower with his black hair sticking to his neck.

"What? Disappointed that you couldn't get me in a compromising position like I found you earlier?" he asked.

Anika scowled at him and walked past him out of the room. He couldn't help but calling out after her. "Anika, I normally get dressed in the bathroom."

He shook his head, chuckling and walked over to sit on his bed. He picked his guitar case off the floor and strummed.

Out of boredom and because he was in such a good mood, he started playing I'm Yours by Jason Mraz. He played the song over four times before Anika trudged back into his room.

"What? No knock?" he asked.

She looked at him with a scowl. "Don't start with me, Luca!"

"All right. Now tell me what has you  so cranky," he said, patting the space next to him.

She took his offer and flopped onto the bed and turned onto her stomach. "I'm bored, " she groaned.

"What do you want to do?" he asked.

She looked up at him and shrugged. "I don't know. Entertain me!" she said as if he should have known what he was supposed to do.

Luca rolled his eyes. "Fine," he said looking around. She was plucking on the strings of his guitar and an idea popped into his mind. "I know what to do."

"Yeah? What is it?" she asked.

"I'll tell you if you stop plucking the strings on my guitar," he said jokingly.

She stopped and looked at him expectantly. "So what was your amazing idea, Sherlock?"

"Well, since we both play guitar, we'll each play a piece of a song and the other has to guess. What do you say?"

Anika nodded. "Sure, just let me go get my guitar," she said as she rolled off the bed and strode out the room. Luca strummed the intro of his favorite My Chemical Romance song, Disenchanted.

Anika stood at the door with her guitar in hand and smiled at his playing. "Disenchanted by the one and only My Chemical Romance!"

Luca looked up at her from his guitar and rolled his eyes. "What about the poor guy who played the awesome piece of tributary music?”

“You were okay,” she said jokingly.

“Fine, why don’t you play something,” he said in mock anger.

“I will. Don’t worry about that,” she said cockily as she sat down on the edge of his bed, cross legged. She strummed, thinking of a song that he wouldn’t know. Suddenly, Masterpiece by Meg and Dia came to mind and she started playing it.

Luca knew that he heard the song somewhere and very recently because he could even put a voice with the sound. He tried to remember all the new artists he loaded onto his iPod from Anika’s computer. There was Escape the Fate, Mayday Parade, the Follow Through, some other bands and this girl group. Peg and Mia? Then it hit him. “Meg and Dia. I think it’s called Masterpiece?”

Anika’s triumphantly smiling face became smug. “Yeah. Your turn,” she grumbled.

“Are you sure you want to continue playing? I mean, we both know the same songs and everything. How about we just play randomly?” he asked, noticing her crestfallen expression perking up at the mention of quitting the game. “I take it by your face expression that you’re more than thrilled that you aren’t going to love against me?” he asked.