A Girl, a Guy and a Web of Lies [Chapter 10]

Woooohoooo!!

I'm actually uploading this story :D

Oh well, here you go.. Chapter 10 of A girl, a Guy and a Web of Lies

After the tour, Anika thanked her mother and ran to her room. She fell on her bed in exhaustion. Sleep came to her quickly, her last thought being, “he sleeps next door to me.”

In his room, Luca laid down on his bed looking up at the ceiling. It was a long day. What was worse was that he was worried. That paper he found on the plane was definitely not Anika’s and he didn’t think that he wanted to find out who it belonged to. He yawned, unable to keep his eyes open any longer and fell into a fitful sleep.

Luca woke up two hours later and stared at the ceiling. He didn't know how much his mother or Anika’s mother knew about the whole Juarez situation or his involvement in it. It would make it very hard if he had to keep it a secret from them especially since he lived with them.

Sighing, he rolled out of bed and walked over to his suitcases. He clicked one open and started to unpack it. All his t-shirts and jackets got wrinkled so he left them aside to see if he'd find a way to get them ironed. He moved on to the  next suitcase which contained most of his jeans, shorts and boxers. They weren't in bad shape so he packed them away. The worst part would probably be unpacking the boxes that were lying in the corner. His mother must have gone and picked them up when he was asleep then asked someone to carry them up for him. He didn't have many knick knacks to unpacked but he had CDs and sneakers that would need to be sorted.

Sorting out everything took him three whole hours. By then, it was dark outside and he figured that it was about time to take a shower. He pulled a clean pair of boxers from the dresser and picked up a wrinkled t-shirt from the pile he set aside to be ironed. He walked down the hall and stopped outside the door that his mother said was the bathroom. Without knocking, he opened the door. A t-shirt hit his face.

"Luca?! What the hell! I'm in here," Anika shrieked. Luca pulled the t-shirt off his face and looked at her. She was wrapped up securely in a dark blue towel and held a lethal looking brush in her hand.

He smiled sheepishly. "I never really had to share a bathroom with someone. My bad. If it's any consolation, I like your towel," he said as he ducked out of the bathroom only to hear the brush hit door as it clicked shut.

He laughed as he walked back to his room only to be waylaid by his mother who had just finished climbing the stairs.

"What happened?" she asked.

"I'm not used to sharing bathrooms so I didn't  knock."

"And?"

Luca grinned down at his mother. "And she was wrapped up in a towel, Ma," he said kissing her cheek before sauntering off to his room.

"Luca, it's not funny. Please tell him it's not funny," Anika said from behind him.

Anika stared after him, waiting for him to turn and apologize so nothing prepared her for the gales of laughter that erupted from Luca. She looked at his mother, the question apparent in her eyes.

"I wonder about him too, child," she said.

Anika shrugged and secured her towel around her. "That boy," she muttered as she walked to her room.

She pulled on a pair of red and blue plaid sleeping shorts and an old t-shirt. She looked at the rest of her bags, all of which were half unpacked. She never understood why she packed things as outfits and not as individual articles of clothing.

After twenty minutes of trying, she lost her patience and decided to go annoy Luca. She stomped her way to his room and hit the door with a loud thud. After getting no answer, she opened the door and walked in. She found his room empty and since she was in a curious mood, she decided to explore his room for a bit. Everything was unpacked, including his CDs, laptop and guitar. "I wonder when you got time to unpack this all," she wondered out loud.