Chapter 1

"Yo, Anika heads up!" Chantal Bridge said as she passed the soccer ball to Anika, who stopped it easily. Anika dribbled the ball forward past one guy and past another. She got to the edge of the area and shot the ball. The ball made its way to the back of the net and her team erupted in cheers.  

Chantal came running up and gave her a hug. All the other girls came to hug her. Anika turned to the bleachers to look at her best friend and frowned when she saw he was in the middle of a serious game of tonsil hockey. Chantal noticed and kicked the ball against the fenced that separated the field from the bleachers. Jordan broke away from his girlfriend, Claudia, in shock and looked at the field. "What the hell is your problem, guys?" he asked angrily. 

"Your best friend just scored a goal, you Douche Bag," Chantal said from where she stood on the field. All the other players, Anika's team and the opposition, shouted in agreement to what Chantal said. 

"Guys, just leave him alone," Anika said, tightening her ponytail. She took a glance at her watch. "Oh crap, guys, I have to go. My uncle seems to think that I want to run away from home so I need to get home now," Anika told them. 

"You'll be here tomorrow right?" Chantal asked. 

"Of course, I'll be here. If I'm not, you can have my 'My Chemical Romance' collection and my cell phone," Anika said seriously. 

"Okay, then. Go on home. I'll see you tomorrow," Chantal said as she hugged Anika. 

Anika walked towards the bleachers to get her bag and saw that Jordan and Claudia were still kissing. She shook her head disappointedly and walked home remembering that her uncle mention something about a friend coming for a visit. She put her headphones on and Cemetery Drive played in her ears.

Luca sat on the sofa in the South African's living room in England while his dad had coffee with his African friend, Phillip. At 19, he wasn't aspiring in anything diplomatic or political. In fact, he wanted to be on a soccer field doing what he loves the most or become a lawyer or something like that but for now, he'd enjoy his gap year. 

He was looking around the lounge and saw a rack of Cd's that caught his attention. The artists didn't look like anything he imagined the ambassador would listen to but what a teenager like him would listen to. He actually liked a few of them like Incubus, Tokio Hotel, My Chemical Romance, Katy Perry, Rammstein, Metro Station, Metallica, Scorpions, the Killers and Green Day. He remembered the tantrum his father threw when he heard Green Day play so he knew that it couldn't be Phillip's.

He heard a door close and the ambassador saying, "It's about time. She should have been here half an hour ago." 

Then his father laughed and replied, "Well, at least she came home. Weren't you complaining that you think she wants to run away?" 

So the ambassador has wife problems, he thought with a smile. According to what his father told him, the ambassador has no children. What did he expect if he has no children? Or was it no wife? 

"Hey Uncle Phillip. Hi, visitor, I'm Anika. I need to go now," he heard a female voice say.  

Luca's father laughed. "She's in a hurry. 

"She wants to watch the Simpsons in an hour. Go figure," Phillip said. 

"May I be excused?" Luca asked the men. 

They both waved him away.

He got up to go to the bathroom when he encountered a short maid. "Scusa, where is the bathroom?" he asked. 

"Down the hall," said the short woman who spoke with a heavy Irish accent. 

As he was walking down the hall, he saw a picture of a girl, pretty girl with brown-green eyes and curly black hair. Who could it be? Luca had heard that he had his niece staying with them, but surely she'd be five or something but not as old as the voice he heard.