"I also saw him before that when he was with his ex. If he was so awful, I wouldn't be friends with him. Celia was completely out of line telling you all that." Wow, she was really going to bat for him.

"Did he ask you to say that to me?" I was blindsided being that I thought the conversation I had with him went decently.

"No, it's my honest feelings. I'm not a Banks expert, but I've haven't seen like this over a girl in a while. He was so torn up about what Celia said because he doesn't want you to think of him like some sort of animal. I saw his face light up when you walked in the gym because he was terrified that you wouldn't want anything to do with him anymore. He
cares about you," her words flowed together.

"I know. I care about him too. We just have so much to talk about," I breathed.

"Yes, you do. Now, let's get back in there before one of the boys has an aneurism," Piper joked.

The game ended 38 to 25 with Deering High being the winner. The entire crowd roared, and the air was buzzing as the teams high fived.

The gym started clearing out, but Piper and I stayed to wait on the boys. "Neo was so amazing tonight! The whole team was, but God I love these games. This season has been amazing," Piper gushed over her boyfriend.

"I just wish his parents were here to support him more. They've been to maybe two games this whole season, and never at the same time," her face dropped.

"Is Neo upset about it?" I asked not trying to pry.

"He'll never admit it aloud, but I can see it in his eyes. He'll say that they're too busy for him. Or running one of their many businesses. Mark's and Brian's parents come to almost every game or at least someone from the family. Banks' mom has even been to more games with his little brothers and they have a damaged relationship, I'll say," she huffed.

The boys came out of the locker room a few minutes later. Neo ran up to Piper and picked her up off the ground in a cyclone of love. "Whew, another W!"

I smiled at their embrace and exclaimed, "Congratulations," as I hugged Banks to his surprise. Me and him must have had very different feelings about our last conversation.

"That was awesome! We needed this win! WOO," Mark roared as he was filled with vigor. This was definitely the happiest I've seen him so far. He's usually very distant and quiet, like he'd rather observe the action than be involved.

"Serrano, we won because of you man," Banks reached over and shook his shoulder. "I was off my game the whole time but you gave this 110 percent."

Mark shouts in joy, "We should celebrate!"

"Bro, you know I'm always down to party, but Pipes and I are going to celebrate privately," he playfully nudged Brian in the side.

"Keep the private talk to yourself, man. All my little siblings insisted on coming so I've got to get them home, but we should definitely get together another time." Brian kept tearing his eyes away from Banks and I in our embrace.

"Yeah, another time," Mark dolefully spoke before he shifted around uncomfortably.

"Are you and Daya going out after this?" He asked Banks with a soft look in his eyes.

"I'm going to drop her off," he tightened his hold around my waist and gave me a little squeeze.

"Cool bro," he put his hands in his pockets and looked off into the distance. "I'm just going to head home than. See you peeps on the fly," Mark walked off before we could really say our goodbyes.

"Well, I better get to it. I'll see you guys soon." Brian went off with his family, but I saw Brian glance over at Banks and me with a dejected gaze before he was out of my view.