Ch. 4: Lost Girls

It's a beautiful day, as I babysit Vicki Donovan who is in transition to become a vampire. I have to do this, because she's going to lose control without anyone around to stop her from doing what she shouldn't. Drink human blood. Right now, she has to learn control before she starts feeding. If she doesn't have control, she'll kill someone. It could be anyone, since her senses are all heightened. Even her emotions. Which is why she needs a babysitter.
I'm in the living room, while Vicki is upstairs in one of the rooms. I'm standing by my drinking table pouring myself a shot glass of liquor. She's upstairs by herself, because I sent her there as to not get on my last nerve. She's very irritating. She keeps begging to go explore outside the house, but I can't let her do that just yet. A very hungry person in transition that's not controlled can kill a lot of people.
Vicki comes downstairs.
"What did I tell you to do? Go back to your room," I say.
"Come on. Why can't I go outside?" she says.
"You know why. Now go."
She sounds like an annoying little brat sometimes, when she is begging for the millionth time to do the same thing she was just told not to do.
I hear her, as she goes back to her room.